Switching ECU maps? Pin fifty something

I need an answer on a pin out number. I need to do this today (Sunday). Or a link where I can find the answer...

Thanks

ok I taped into the wire (didnt cut it) on pin 58 and wired a toggle switch.

Does the other end of the toggle switch go to chassis ground? Meaning that Im grounding to chassis ground the pin 58?

Yes, ground pin 58 to make the MS0 maps active but you do have to cut the wire. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Where does the wire go? If its not used where dose it dead end? I might want to use the end of it for the tap.

If its not used and it dead ends they why do I have to cut it?

Where does the wire go? If its not used where dose it dead end? I might want to use the end of it for the tap.

If its not used and it dead ends they why do I have to cut it?

Because the other end is grounded and the ground has to be broken to activate the MS0 maps.

Because the other end is grounded and the ground has to be broken to activate the MS0 maps.

What? Its grounded from the factory and Im braking the ground to use the second map and using the switch to reground it for the first (factory) map?

I thought it was the other way around. Im grounding it to get the second map and no ground for the factory map..

what way is it?

Here, this is from:
ECUEDITOR v2.x FAQ - ECU hacking

How does map switching work?
On a Gen 2 Hayabusa the map switching wire is pin 58. Pin 58 in its normal configuration is grounded and is designated ms0. If you break this ground connection, the bike will enter the ms1 tps fuel and ignition map. You can verify this in the engine data screen under the tach. To accomplish this is as simple as wiring in a SPST (single pole single throw toggle switch, really almost any toggle switch having 2 pins should work) toggle switch.

Here, this is from:
ECUEDITOR v2.x FAQ - ECU hacking

How does map switching work?
On a Gen 2 Hayabusa the map switching wire is pin 58. Pin 58 in its normal configuration is grounded and is designated ms0. If you break this ground connection, the bike will enter the ms1 tps fuel and ignition map. You can verify this in the engine data screen under the tach. To accomplish this is as simple as wiring in a SPST (single pole single throw toggle switch, really almost any toggle switch having 2 pins should work) toggle switch.

what color is the wire is it black with a white tracer and bands

Back