Switched power in tail section

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Need to tap into switched power in the tail section. Will be very low current draw, usb power only. I was thinking the tail light circuit. Anyone know which wire is the hot wire for that or have a better idea?

Need to tap into switched power in the tail section. Will be very low current draw, usb power only. I was thinking the tail light circuit. Anyone know which wire is the hot wire for that or have a better idea?
Have you considered a standalone usb charger?

Have you considered a standalone usb charger?

I have one but I'm not satisfied with the way it works. In auto mode it's still providing power to the USB. Quadlock support says I have a very good battery (really).

I plan on using the Quadlock thing in "on" mode on the switched circuit.

Tail light is the brown wire. I make adapters for gen1 and gen2 to break out the tail light power and ground for accessories as well, doesn't have to be a relay setup and can be lower cost.
Also, the 6 pin SDS diagnostic port under the seat (on a gen2 anyway) could be used, I could also make something there if you wanted it under the seat.

Tail light is the brown wire. I make adapters for gen1 and gen2 to break out the tail light power and ground for accessories as well, doesn't have to be a relay setup and can be lower cost.
Also, the 6 pin SDS diagnostic port under the seat (on a gen2 anyway) could be used, I could also make something there if you wanted it under the seat.

Since it's only going to be powering a 5v usb adapter I think I can just use a wire tap on the brown wire. I should end up with a clean connection.

Back