Switched from the 46T rear sprocket back to the 43T

Since I have been challenged to the 1/8 dragstrip tomorrow night by a rider who is 70lbs lighter riding a GENI I figured I would put the 43T sprocket back on hoping to keep the front end down 1-2-3..
Its been a few months since I ran the 43T and I will be honest I miss it already for street riding :-(
Suzi still wants to rare up and kick me off in 1st gear if I keep my spurs into her past 7500 RPMS but she settles down nicely in 2nd and pulls like a freight train!
I just miss the gearing, coming into the turns engine braking it feels like I have a better feel of the bike with the 46 rather then the 43.. For the ol dirtbike riders it feels like coming off an CR500 onto an XR250.
But I figured if I want to run an ET on Ol Suzi to keep the young wipper snapper from coming around me as I am juggling a wheelie I better tame her down a little in the gearing dept..
Stay tuned for tomorrow nights GENI Light Weight VS the GENII Heavy weight.:cheerleader:

Sounds like fun Lankee, teach that kid a lesson for all us old dogs :laugh:
I've been thinking about taking one of my bikes to the strip. Only did some grudge racing one time, getting a few runs in on my old Ninja 1000R at a converted airport taxiway. No pro tree or timing.....was loads of fun tho. Just haven't been back to the track. I think this year I'm going to go :thumbsup:

Since I have been challenged to the 1/8 dragstrip tomorrow night by a rider who is 70lbs lighter riding a GENI I figured I would put the 43T sprocket back on hoping to keep the front end down 1-2-3..
Its been a few months since I ran the 43T and I will be honest I miss it already for street riding :-(
Suzi still wants to rare up and kick me off in 1st gear if I keep my spurs into her past 7500 RPMS but she settles down nicely in 2nd and pulls like a freight train!
I just miss the gearing, coming into the turns engine braking it feels like I have a better feel of the bike with the 46 rather then the 43.. For the ol dirtbike riders it feels like coming off an CR500 onto an XR250.
But I figured if I want to run an ET on Ol Suzi to keep the young wipper snapper from coming around me as I am juggling a wheelie I better tame her down a little in the gearing dept..
Stay tuned for tomorrow nights GENI Light Weight VS the GENII Heavy weight.:cheerleader:

Good luck, that thing is a beast to ride at SWB! I tried everything from stock, to lower gearing to -3 on the rear, and it didnt seem to matter at all! Ran the same times pretty much. Keep me posted. I'm curious how it goes, btw, I know the gen 1's are MUCH easier to launch! I'm pulling for you!

It's all in the clutch and throttle control. Getting to WOT as soon as possible. Having a sticky rear tire really helps too.

OK, We had a blast night.. Here are the results of runs...
1st run.. tried something new, took off in B mode and attempted to switch up into A during throttle shifting into 2nd, well that didnt work to well rather then going back up into A mode I hit the down button and went into C as I watched the GENI pull away down the track:banghead:
2nd Run Which is the first picture uploaded.
Kev was nervous knowing that he was going up the Ol Mighty White Busa and figured he needed as much as a head start as possbile and red lighted... I was 60' 1.74's and had 2 1.72's in the 60 ft launching at 4500RPM. GENI ran 6.811 @ 110.82 Win Goes to the GENII running a 6.791 @ 112.70 :thumbsup:
3Rd run, I said lets race each other 1st round in eliminations (bracket racing style) :thumbsup: So Kevin jumped on his GENI and I followed as we were the first pair in the lanes.
I asked do you want to dial in heads up 6 flat this way the tree drops the same time and we dont have to worry about a break out (going faster then your predicted ET)
He was like I am going to dial a 6.68 I was like Uhhh OK I will dial that also.....
Tree drops.... GENII hammers the GENI on the tree.... .0500 to a slower reaction of .1091 60' times, GENII 1.732 to the slower GENI 1.753, GENII jumps out a full bike length,, no worries now for the GENII knowing he has the MPH over the GENI 3/4 track looks over at the GENI lifts a little on the throttle to make a close race GENI closes the gap,, 100 feet before the finish line GENI drops off hitting the REV limiter,, I roll completly out of the gas and cross the finish .0271 making it a nice close race! Thats bracket racing!!! Have to give the kid a race thinking he has a chance against a GENII veteran bracket racer... :beerchug: Had fun Kevin!

2012-05-16_11-39-31_279.jpg

2012-05-16_11-39-08_463.jpg

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! On a side note, about you using the mode button. ECU edit will allow you to custom design your map, I tried this one weekend, and I feel this could be utilized to really keep the front end down on a SWB bike. Unfortunately I didn't stick with it, patience is not MY virtue! What I ended up having was a bike almost as fast in mode B as in mode A. :laugh: I'm not SWB now, so no biggie, but you might want to play with that and see what you can get out of it.
Enjoy!

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! On a side note, about you using the mode button. ECU edit will allow you to custom design your map, I tried this one weekend, and I feel this could be utilized to really keep the front end down on a SWB bike. Unfortunately I didn't stick with it, patience is not MY virtue! What I ended up having was a bike almost as fast in mode B as in mode A. :laugh: I'm not SWB now, so no biggie, but you might want to play with that and see what you can get out of it.
Enjoy!

I used it on the street and was successful switching B to A on the shift into 2nd. Didnt work very well first time out on the track.
From what I expierenced that B is to much of a decrease in power out of the hole out through first gear. Yes, it will keep the front end down at WOT (with the 43T) through 1st. I would use B mode if I was going to bracket race for some cash I could see it being a great tool and making it easy to handle on the dragstrip.
You will notice the GENI has a better 330' time due to being able to stay WOT through all gears when the GENII is working the throttle on the back wheel through 1st gear..
Fun drag racing side by side:thumbsup:

Do you think you would have done better or worse with the 46 rear sprocket? I just put a 45 rear sprocket on my bike but I am 275 lbs at 6'4" and love how it runs with the 45 rear sprocket on my Gen 2.

Do you think you would have done better or worse with the 46 rear sprocket? I just put a 45 rear sprocket on my bike but I am 275 lbs at 6'4" and love how it runs with the 45 rear sprocket on my Gen 2.

On the street I am faster with a 46
On a prepped drag strip I am faster with a 43.
You have to remember this statement is true if....
1) Your weight is tipping over the 160LB rider suited.
2) Your wheelbase is stock.
3) Not strapping the front end down (compressing forks) lowering doesn't matter, its the initial takeoff that causes the fork tubes to extend and SLAM that cause the wheelie effect on the track.

If your NOT any of the above you will run a quicker time at the dragstrip with the OEM gearing.

Remember: Horsepower is MPH on a dragstrip. If your back peddling the throttle due to the front end up in the air your not making the full potential horsepower= raising the ET. ( this is why the GENI was faster 60' to 330' 330 he could apply all of his horsepower WOT to that point keeping the front end down to where I was working the throttle carrying the front end preventing me from using all of my horsepower)
I feel I could run faster on the dragstrip with a 41T rear, which in return I would have to raise the launch RPM in return would cause my wear and tear burning of the clutch.
The GENI was launching at a VERY high rpm sounded like 8500+ RPMS which isnt needed since these motors make horsepower at a lower RPM compared to a 600/750CC street bike.
The key for the quickest ET is the quicker you can release the clutch and go WOT without spinning the tire or bogging the engine will result in the quickest et on a dragstrip.

Its whole different skill level launching these stock wheel based non strapped Busas on a prepped dragstrip. Ive done the strectched slick motorcycles all the way to a car tire wheelie bar dragbike.
Its a different kind of fun from running 5.60's with a slider clutch and bars to a street bike running 6.70's. I enjoy doing both, but being on both sides of the fence... It takes more skill to run a stock wheel based non strapped Busa down the dragstrip to its full potential.. Throttle and Clutch control are the key!

that would be around a 10.50 in the 1/4.... first time ever on the track? not to bad, lots of room to improve......

that would be around a 10.50 in the 1/4.... first time ever on the track? not to bad, lots of room to improve......

No it was the 3rd time riding a motorcycle, first ride was around my backyard hitting some jumps until I ran into the pool so I figured I would try some of my stunts at my local drag strip. The lights on the Christmas tree were so Purteeeeeeee!

lankeeyankee said:
No it was the 3rd time riding a motorcycle, first ride was around my backyard hitting some jumps until I ran into the pool so I figured I would try some of my stunts at my local drag strip. The lights on the Christmas tree were so Purteeeeeeee!

Lol I wanna see video of you hitting the pool

if you arent a noob then those times are anything to brag about

First of all, I dont think I was bragging, just posting times and some fun that we all shared at a local dragstrip.
For my current setup and rider weight they are in the ball park.
Do you have any videos of some of your runs?

Back