Switch power for Bazzaz AFM ???

Mythos

Registered
Switch power for Bazzaz Z-FI???

Bazzaz directions recommend that a wire on the diagnostic connector be tapped into to gain switch power. I hate to do any irreversible mods to the bike. Can I simply crimp a lug ring on the wire from the Bazzaz module to power it directly off of the battery + terminal or is there something special about the power coming from the orange/white wire on the diagnostic connector ??

...or if the Z-FI would drain the battery by being connected without being able to switch off via the ignition (or some other) switch when the motor was not running, could I just use the hot wire for the license plate light?

The reason the instructions are telling you to "tap" that wire is for the reason it's not permanent. It doesn't say cut the wire, simply spice or tap it. You don't want the box to the battery for the simple fact the box will always be on and either A. Drain the battery or B. Lessen the life span of the box. That wire is special... because it's switched power

Follow the instructions.... that's what they're for

thanks, Justin!

I always have to consider breaking the rules. :laugh: Not this time though!

I'll stick with the Scotchlok on the orange white wire.

BTW, when I load the Tsukigi map and Bazzaz software that I have on disk, will I need to use a PC or will it work from my Mac?

Back