Switch back help........dont bite my head off lol.

ChinoCIA

Registered
:banghead:So I made the Switchback housings, bought A-Wx2 & A-Rx2 20LED towers and the plug&play LED Flasher Relay. Everything works fine with this set up. I then decided to order the 48 Led SMT Tower Style bulbs to replace the front bulbs because I wanted them brighter. So without changing anything besides the 2 bulbs, i expected everything to work fine. NOT! So the rear tail light and turn signals work fine but the front 2 dont behave like a normal LED should. I does neither blink fast or slow. when i flip the T/S switch either left or right the bulb just flickers in and out of white-amber sporadically (like a meth head with a twitch) for a little while then the bulb just gives up trying to flash and just stays amber until I press the turnsignal switch at center to turn off the flashing. I've checked my workmanship and wiring. i havent checked to see if the front bulbs are getting too much or too little power. the p&p relay should have already remedied that problem. what am i missing? should i just run all 4 of the same bulbs instead of 2 48LEDs up front and 2 20LEDs in the back? would that fix the problem i described. im ready to pull my hair out lol.:banghead:

Dam im sorry been sooo busy and now in the hospital.
I had your stuff done, oh well

Sounds like a bad connection in the socket, or a short

send me a pm with price Im still willing to get em from you! also I dont think it's the connection or a short because when i put the 20LED towers back in, the flash rate is normal. wonder if the bulbs are bad or if there isnt enough power going to the bulbs. I have to buy a voltage meter tester.

send me a pm with price Im still willing to get em from you! also I dont think it's the connection or a short because when i put the 20LED towers back in, the flash rate is normal. wonder if the bulbs are bad or if there isnt enough power going to the bulbs. I have to buy a voltage meter tester.

Where did you get the new towers from? I got some off eBay and was the biggest mistake.!!! :banghead:

I will once im out of the hospital

Anyone else have any ideas why this is happening?

Check the second set of bulbs that you ordered and make sure they are dual contact (two nipples on the bottom of the bulb base). I also have switchbacks in the front, and they are dual contact. Are the second set of LED's switchbacks or just standard LED bulbs? It sounds like the bulbs are not the same...compare the bulb bases and find the difference. I have different LED bulbs in the rear turn signal pods (parking lights, brake lights and turn signals) and my system functions very well. You also should have plenty of power...LED's use less than 1/10 of the power. I'm guessing the bulbs are not the same (1157 base, if I remember correctly for dual contact).

Also do you have the standard flasher module or the led module ??? There might not be enough voltage going to the towers with both sets of switchbacks sue to the standard flasher module ... it may thing there are no lights pluged in or a short ... try the new towers with regular 1157 bulbs in the rear ... 2 bucks at adv auto just to rule that out

I'm running these 20LED Switchback Towers Amber-White (up front) and Amber-Red (in back).
3157switcha2.jpg

This is pretty much the same LED Flasher Relay I ordered from e-bay.
flash-rate-fix-suzuki-led-indicators-7-pin-led-relay-1486-p.jpg

With this set up everything runs just fine. SBs work in front and rear. Running lights work. Turnsignals work. Switchback function works. Aftermarket LED flasher relay fufilled its intended purpose. So blink rate is normal. Perfect.

I ordered these 48SMT Switchback LED Tower from the same manufacturer off autolumination.com to replace the 2 front bulbs. They are 1157 Dual contact SB bulbs A-W.
1157_48SMT_SB.jpg

These bulbs are the only ones im having a problem with. The running lights look great! The only issue I have is when I hit the turnsignal switch.

On the Left (of the picture) is the 20LED SB Tower. On the Right (of the picture) is the 48SMT SB LED Tower. Noticably brighter on the right. Which is what I wanted and why I ordered larger SBs for the front.
RunningLights.jpg

When I flick the turn signal switch the rear SBs and intigrated tail light operate fine. The front just kind of behave like they are trying to operate like they are supposed to but cant. They will switch between white and amber but not at the same rate as the rear lights or they will skip a cycle or two or they will just kind of flicker between colors when they are supposed to switch. Kinda like A-W-A-W-AA-W-AWAW-AAAAAAAAAAA-AWAW-A-W-A. There is no pattern, just a random series of switching, flickering and staying solid amber for 5-15sec before either flickering again or switching colors. When I press the switch at center the running lights come back on like they are supposed to. I want to say that it is either the bulbs or the flasher relay that I bought. Im going to put in the 48s and the factory flasher to see if they hyperflash. If they do then its not the bulbs its the aftermarket flasher relay. Im leaning more towards the new bulbs because I put back in the 20LED SBs up front and they work. :banghead::cursin::1zhelp:

SB= switchback, A-W= amber to white, A-R= amber to red

Not trying to insult anyones intelligence just unsure if I was clear enough.

1157_48SMT_SB.jpg

flash-rate-fix-suzuki-led-indicators-7-pin-led-relay-1486-p.jpg

3157switcha2.jpg

RunningLights.jpg

I'm running SMT Tower 92 SB's in the front and x45T's dual contact 1157 Red in the rear. I also have the direct swap electronic flasher...and no issues at all. It could be that the flasher is bad...just does not make any logical sense that the flasher struggles with the extra LED's, when it can handle up to 10A. Let us know what you find out.

Good Luck!

I'll order a new Flasher Relay and see what happens. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you for all the help guys!!!!!

Put the stock flasher in and see if they just flash fast, if so, its the flasher

It was the cheap crap bay led flasher relay. I bought a new one and plugged it in and all the bulbs flash at same rate now. *sigh* Glad that nightmare is over. Thank u all for the help with troubleshooting this pain in my arse.

Back