Swingarms And Sprockets

kakings

Registered
I'm looking to add 4 to 6 inches to my swingarm but got a few questions. I'm basically a cruiser, no racing, no knee dragging. I have a buddy who can ride i bike thru hell and not get burned. He recommended me just getting extensions because I'm not a hard rider but I've seen several posts against them due to them failing. I also ran across this shop who advertise several welded arms
Look at this on eBay http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=232278509345. Anyone have knowledge of them? Also adding length will change the gear ratio so what sprocket mod is recommended? I'm reaching out so that i can make a good informed decision. Any input is appreciated.

Get Outlook for Android

There are arms out there that can be had fairly cheap (around $600). Personally I would spend a little more just for the peace of mind that my wheel won't fall off when I hit a pothole. I am at stock wheel base so I really don't have any experience, just my 2 cents.

I am not sure how a longer chain changes gear ratio. 18/43 is what it is, a few more links of chain shouldn't change that.

Adding length does not change gear ratio. No sprocket change needed.
Save the money that you would have spent on sprockets and buy yourself a nice arm..

Thanks guys. I was told that the longer chain would make it feel as if I'm pulling off in 2nd gear so that was the need for a smaller sprocket up front.

As far as the arm goes you're right. That's something your ass is literally riding on. No need to skimp on that.

stealtharm1.jpg
stealtharm2.jpg

Take a look at our "stealth" swingarm modification. It would allow your bike to take all the stock components: axle, spacers, the stock caliper mounting setup (this is important!), and most of all, make your bike look stock while still extended. The stock arm is probably the strongest arm you can have on this bike. This mod is $825, done on your original swingarm, and comes back in black just like the original. We can extend your arm 4" or 6". The one pictures is a 4" extension, 6" would require an undertail or fender mods . . .

Pretty sure mine is from the shop in the ebay ad. I know i got it from NC. You can look at the picture of Franks and the ebay one. Franks is much nicer and looks stock. No real complaints with the company. Piece of mind go with Franks.

Any issues with corners?
I've been thinking about this as well
I'm not a knee scrapper but I do enjoy my twistees
I like the look of a nice thick tire in the back, it just screams get the hell out of my way lol. I don't want to ruin the actual ride....any feedback would be appreciated folks :)

Any issues with corners?
I've been thinking about this as well
I'm not a knee scrapper but I do enjoy my twistees
I like the look of a nice thick tire in the back, it just screams get the hell out of my way lol. I don't want to ruin the actual ride....any feedback would be appreciated folks :)
Before I stretched mine I also had the same questions got a lot of it effects the handling bad don't do it but honestly 4-6" handling would still feel like stock handling I have mine at 7 1/2" and I don't feel that much from stock a little bit when making a wide turn but other than that it's the same

IMG_0388.PNG

Before I stretched mine I also had the same questions got a lot of it effects the handling bad don't do it but honestly 4-6" handling would still feel like stock handling I have mine at 7 1/2" and I don't feel that much from stock a little bit when making a wide turn but other than that it's the same

View attachment 1572425
I'm late late late on this, but any issues with the tail hitting the tire? If not, what did you do to prevent?

Back