Swingarm Extensions

Busa_70461

Registered
I just ordered a set of swingarm extensions from Exoticycle for $375 shipped. Thanks to a great sponsor. He was even giving me valuable info on a bunch of other things and was willing to make a package if I wanted. He said I should get them Friday or Monday, now that's fast. Thanks again Exoticycle.

Love mine, he makes good stuff.

extension.jpg

thumb_up.gif

did you get an longer chain,exteded brake line and extended brake bar...you can add another $300-$400 to your price..haha

my $1200 swingarm wound up costing me $1800 when it was all said and done

stretch.jpg

did you get an longer chain,exteded brake line and extended brake bar...you can add another $300-$400 to your price..haha

The brand he bought doesn't need a brake arm...see my pic. All he needs is a longer chain and a chain guard.

The stock brake line is good for 6" stretch if you flip it around on the master cyclinder.

The brand he bought doesn't need a brake arm...see my pic.  All he needs is a longer chain and a chain guard.

The stock brake line is good for 6" stretch if you flip it around on the master cyclinder.
How long of a chain shoul I get? And which one?

The brand he bought doesn't need a brake arm...see my pic.  All he needs is a longer chain and a chain guard.

Why dont you need a brake arm?
rock.gif
??

yes,stock brake line will reach but it wont reach when your chain stretches over time and you are back the full 6" your not all the way back yet...safer to have the longer brake line IMO.

as for what chain,thats a personal preference,i have a chrome ZZZ 150 link (you will have to cut it) think it was around $250,give or take a dollar.

It doesn't need a brake bar because it has a billet guide that bolts to the caliper and rides along the bottom of the extension. You can see it in my pic above.

My bike was set at 5.5" +/- and with adjustments since then it's a little longer than that. You can see there is plenty of brake line for any suspension movement. 6" would be a little more snug.

I don't recall the length of chain I used becuase I bought a 150 link chain and cut some off a the length I liked. Check with Goldenchild, I am sure he can tell you how many links you want given your desired stretch and sprocket size.

And you should be able to do better than $250 from a sponsor. I also have the ZZZ chain, although mine is gold.

I dont see what your talking about but im thinking its something that wraps around the brake hanger preventing that from moving?
rock.gif

DD , Alot of times when you get extensions & even custom swingarms they will sell them with brake hangers to eliminate the brake bar. I bought my Thompson Custom Cycle Swingarm and they sent a brake hanger with it also. I called back & talked to Mike & he custom fabricated a +5 over Brake bar. Just a matter of preference.
thumb_up.gif

Look at the gold caliper in the pic. There is a black billet piece that is bolted to it. The bottom of which is riding on the extension. This part has a hole through which the axle goes though. The billet part keeps it from rotating around, which is what the brake bar does, keep the caliper from spinning around the wheel when it clamps down.

DD , Alot of times when you get extensions & even custom swingarms they will sell them with brake hangers to eliminate the brake bar. I bought my Thompson Custom Cycle Swingarm and they sent a brake hanger with it also. I called back & talked to Mike & he custom fabricated a +5 over Brake bar. Just a matter of preference.
thumb_up.gif
same place i got mine but i got a brake bar with it,but you still need a brake hanger to hold the caliper....am i missing something here?
rock.gif
?

Look at the gold caliper in the pic.  There is a black billet piece that is bolted to it.  The bottom of which is riding on the extension.  This part has a hole through which the axle goes though.  The billet part keeps it from rotating around, which is what the brake bar does, keep the caliper from spinning around the wheel when it clamps down.
gotcha!

learned something today
thumb_up.gif

Back