Swingarm bearing slot flat spot???

nickespi

Registered
So I recently sold a swingarm to a guy and when he received it and went to mount it, he said the mechanic said that there was a flat spot and the bearings would not mount. He is saying the the opening is warped. How could this happen? Anyone experience this before?

I'm trying to get pics from the buyer. He's describing it as a flat spot in the bearing space opening. Says that it looks like it was filed. I know there were bearings in the swingarm before powdercoating, but they were removed.

It was coated prior to me selling it. Once I coated it, I never got a chance to mount it before I sold my bike.

He sent me a pic of the arm. Not quite what I was imagining. To me, it looks like it was dropped on the corner. The arm went out in working order.
1323294435.jpg

It's definitely oblonged, but you still should be able to press a bearing in. I still don't see why it shouldnt run true after a bearing was pressed it. If you look at the picture it does look like the entire thing is a different diameter. It kind've does look like it was dropped, but material was definitely removed from it. Did a reputable power coating business do it?

Any pictures of how it looked before you shipped it? Things can be damaged in transit very easily.

Non OEM swingarm, eh?

You'll never know how or why the damage occurred. If there was a bearing in the unit when it was powder coated, my guess would be the damage occurred while the unit was hot.

The bottom line is the buyer received a unit that is un-usuable through no fault of his own and you should be responsible by refunding his money.

Back