Swingarm Bearing removal

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
Quick question... The small bearings in the arm, do they push through? Can I just press them out or tap them out? I have new ones, so replacing them is the issue here. The old ones got overheated and I need to get them out.

How can I get them out? I already have the large ones out. Just concerning myself with the small ones.

Can I just tap them out on one side so they pop out the other? Or press them out, same situation?

How do swingarms bearing overheat? I just pulled my inner sleeve out my new arm had the brass bushings. So I can't say exactly, they are press got in the arm though most shops will do it cheaply if you carry the part in.

No they do not push threw!
You need a blind bearing puller!

Had the SA cut and welded. No bushings, just bearings

Ah that'll do it lol.

Sorry never had to pull the bearings, before I got my arm I called around asking about new bearings and it seems it was fairly inexpensive at the cycle shops

Hope it all works out for ya. Maybe someone will come along with the how to and what's needed

Update: Bearings are out. One of the contractors here on base had a puller and popped them out in seconds. Well... one in seconds, the other one took a minute....

Thank God for the Urban Dictionary. You know I was thinking that the GAO would agree with you :poke:

Back