Swingarm Bearing Removal

InfiniteReality

Registered
Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the swingarm and dogbone bearings? I figured they'd be just like the wheels, but I can't get them to budge. I even thought of just getting a new spacer & 4 new bearings, but that's $100 and I can't find a place to get it here in a few days...this should be the only thing that would hold me up to get everything back together by this weekend.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mine were like.... welded in.
Had to destroy them to get them out.
It was due to the reaction of the steel in the bearings and the aluminum swingarm.
Good luck!

I reasontly took mine to the local Suk dealer to do mine ( $80 in and out). Spend hrs the first time around doing them myself when I did the 330 kit.

Well....crap. The one thing holding me up and I didn't think about prior to now. I only have 950 miles on the bike but they're not budging. Think I'll just order 4 new bearings and 1 spacer and make it simple on myself so all I need to do is tap them in.

Anyone know who would stock them? Have a feeling I'll have to order from my local dealership to get them here by the weekend unless there's other options?

Do you have a Purvis Bearing or any kind of bearing shop near you? They might be able to get some for you based on deminsions.

I may have one close by, going to Google it in a second. :)

Someone told me I will have to press the new bearings in (as well as pull old ones out if I wanted). Any truth to this?

So give us some back ground info! If so few miles why the issue with bearings? Are you swapping to a new arm? The stock Suk bearings are needled bearing and will ONLY handle pulling out and in for ONE CHANGE over. I pulled my stockers for the 330 arm....C&S forgot to send with bearings. Then I had to pull those again to repowder the arm from welding work I did. Those stockers where toast being pulled for the second time, so I put in new ones after the powder work.

Sorry about that. Yep, I'm swapping arms and the new one needs bearings. I'd love to re-use my existing bearings if at all possible. Sounds like I can bring the arm to the dealership and they'll swap the 4 bearings for me instead of ordering new ones?

Sorry about that. Yep, I'm swapping arms and the new one needs bearings. I'd love to re-use my existing bearings if at all possible. Sounds like I can bring the arm to the dealership and they'll swap the 4 bearings for me instead of ordering new ones?

The bearings will not be useable when taken out
Everytime you take a set out, new ones have to go in.

The set of 4 is about $70 from Bike Bandit.
Try Goldenchild.
He may have them in stock too.

Last edited:

Installed mine yeasterday. Used a pice of 1/2" all thread 2 nuts and two washers. Worked great. Ordered the bearings and spacer of Ronayers, got them in three days... :thumbsup:

I don't know what to do! lol I'm going to bite the bullet and order new bearings. Figure I'll screw one up at least and if not, I'll ship back and take my re-stocking/shipping loss.

Installed mine yeasterday. Used a pice of 1/2" all thread 2 nuts and two washers. Worked great. Ordered the bearings and spacer of Ronayers, got them in three days... :thumbsup:

well, hell... maybe i'll just order from them. always seems it takes them a long time to send me stuff.

I'd normally question using 1/2 all thread instead of the bearings, but I know you ride your bike like you stole it (and drag race it too), so I know I won't have any issues. :) Fixing to place my order at Ronayers now, but calling goldenchild first.

Last edited:
well, hell... maybe i'll just order from them. always seems it takes them a long time to send me stuff.

I'd normally question using 1/2 all thread instead of the bearings, but I know you ride your bike like you stole it (and drag race it too), so I know I won't have any issues. :) Fixing to place my order at Ronayers now, but calling goldenchild first.

I think he means he pulled the new bearings into place with the all tread?
That's how I do mine too.

ahhhhh.... duh, lol... I'll be copying your way! Can you do the swinarm bearings this way too or have to use a press?

Sucked it up and placed my order on RonAyers. Paid the $30 shipping charge and will be here Thursday. :) They're overnighting it to them, then they're overnighting it to me. I missed the 11am order deadline, so order will go in tomorrow. What I'll do, just to finally be able to ride this weekend, can't wait!

sweet, i'm definitely going this way. alot easier than tapping them in!

I'm just hoping RonAyer's isn't BS'ing me on when I'll have them! :)

:rofl: :poke:

Kind of glad I had to wait on the bearings. Discovered I needed a few other pieces that I was able to remove and paint in the meantime. Just sanded them down, cleaned, primed and painted low gloss black. :)

SNC18802.jpg

SNC18804.jpg

SNC18805.jpg

SNC18813.jpg

SNC18855.jpg

SNC18856.jpg

SNC18859.jpg

Last edited:
Ran into a problem putting bearings in the part of the arm that the dogbones go in... The hole is too big (by about 30%) on this SB arm. I sent them an email inquiring what to do, does anyone else have any suggestions?? Am I missing something?

Back