Swing Arm License Plate

Daddyzgirl

Registered
Saw a post in the gallery (by Frank) of a license plate on the swing arm. If anyone has information or the know how, please let me know. I'm doing a custom paint job over the winter and would like to modify anything I can before spring. Thanx

ive had my bike since early '00 and havent gotten a plate for it yet. last time i checked when it was new it was going to cost around $600. anytime i get pulled over and the officer ask where my tag is, i tell the dumbass i just bought the bike a couple days ago and they dont even think twice about it. just make sure you have insurance or a dummy insurance card. i may actually spring for a tag next year if it doesnt cost too much :tounge:

Not that it matters much but...

Plate on swing arm = more unsprung weight, the bane of good suspension performance.

Also, better fasten it on really well, the swing arm sees much more in the way of vibration / bumps than does your keester.

Again, not that it matters much.

Saw a post in the gallery (by Frank) of a license plate on the swing arm. If anyone has information or the know how, please let me know. I'm doing a custom paint job over the winter and would like to modify anything I can before spring. Thanx
Welcome to the board. ;) I see you've been registered for a long time without posting. Glad you finally decided to join in on the fun. :D

"arey
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.prostreetdesigns.com  ""

That makes a big difference, thanks Arey.

plate-crome-ani.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068509911 -->

Can anyone tell me what size your license plate is, I am interested in getting one of this brackets and i am not sure if here in Puerto Rico the plate is the same size than the one in the States. Want to know how long & high your plates are, will appriciate it.

It varies from state to state Aery, you might want to contact them directly for that answer.

I was checking the site for a phone# but no #'s show up will email them, Thanks 4 the info.

I agree that a plate under a cool undertail is kind of like a turd on top of a New York Strip steak, but IMHO putting the plate on a bracket looks even worse, especially if you bend it to fit a curved bracket. Then the tail looks cool but the swingarm looks like crap. You've just moved the turd, it's still there.

I think tucked up under the tail is where it belongs. If you put it on the swingarm it tells the world that you don't care about performance only looks, and I like to have both with an emphasis on performance.

Oh, too much wind resistance also if you mount it on the side. I know , I know, everyone has an opinion, don't flame me please. To each their own.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: "Can't spell (still some mistakes I am sure)"|1068568609 -->

Smokingness, you do that up here they tow your ride and dont care much how it gets down to impound lot, then you pick it up and it is scratched to schite.
Besides we only pay 53.00 bucks a year for a tag!
Unless personalized of course.

It's made of a very light alloy, your licence plate is heavier than this unit.

I actually think mounting the plate inside the inner tail section on the bike is quiet silly, Why would you want to piss a cop off.....also if you have a custom plate, this is probably the best place to put it, mounting it under any after market undertail will surely result in the plate bending  by the rear tyre.

What was that about the Wind drag....? ;)

Oh yeah and here in NYC I've seen a lot of rides with this and similar mounts never being bothered by the cops, in fact some of them also think it's a better way to mount em, (as opposed to the other choices of "aftermarket" mounts.), this one can atlest be read.

Just my .02cents

<!--EDIT|dannyhirji
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068580069 -->

Back