swing arm extensions???

justa-busa-girl

Registered
hey guys, this winter i think im going to stretch my bike. Im thinking about 2-4 inches. I Dont want to go to crazy with it, just enought to keep the front end down a little better. I dont want spinning issues that come with to long of a strech. My ? is who makes an afordable extensions that are made well ??also i assume ill need a longer brake cable, chain, and ill probally gear it down a little as well. Any sugjestions on the gearing? i was thinking just one down in the rear? I dont want anything to drastic. thanks for any imfo !!!

Allthingschrome.net has swingarm extensions, extended brakeline and chain for $348. That is the most affordable price I have seen.

i have a full swing arm polished with exotic cycles 4"extension already on it for $250 plus shipping. swing arm still has the bearings.

have you hear good things about them?? Id like something affordable but will pay whatever its cost to have good quality!!

All things chrome is the way to go, They are awesome. I have the 6-9 on mine. Only problem was the brake cable was WAY too long, i have mine at about 8ish and lots of extra. So I will have to order a new one soon just a tad shorter.

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

Busa-Girl,
Just remember you can only stretch about 2.5 to 3" in the fully slammed position before you start to hit the tail light. Stetching without lowering all the way is a waste. You may need to keep it to 3" or modify / replace the tail.

I have the Exotic Cycles Swing arm extensions... they are a piece of art comapred to some other extensions I have seen.

iirc mine is stretched around 3inches and it's still not enough...

I also have the exotic cycles swing arm extensions set at 6" over and with a 6" stretched tail. As you can see, you need to limit the stretch to 3" unless you raise the rear or stretch the tail. With this setup I can get 1.42 to 1.45 60" times depending on track conditions.

NED080308001small.jpg

All things chrome is the way to go, They are awesome. I have the 6-9 on mine. Only problem was the brake cable was WAY too long, i have mine at about 8ish and lots of extra. So I will have to order a new one soon just a tad shorter.

Great looking busa brother:bowdown: BUT, 6-9" ??? Thats only 3" of adjustment? usually 4" adjusters is the NORM from what i've seen. I've used Spencer Cycles extions (2-7") on my ZX12R, When they FIRST came out, and they LOOKED, FIT, and WORKED AWESOME :thumbsup: I would and do recommend these to any one that wants a great set of extions, And there's 5" to play wit!.......When i bought mine i think they where 270.00.....which is a GREAT PRICE IMHO(check em out when you get a chance) :beerchug:

thanks for the great imfo guys!! im not totally lowered all the way im only 2 inches in the rear, i still do some street riding with the bike so i havent slammed it all the way. So do you think a 4 inch stretch would work with it only lowered 2 inches as far as not hitting the tail??

Look up Gixx1300r and talk to him I paid 450 for the exts and chain. Best quality ive seen. Im 6 1/2" out and a 2 1/2" front and 4" rear drop.

Mine are better..;) I also offer a cool ass add on for Spool mounts too. I run mine at 63" in the second hole of lowering links. Im 300# and have no problems..Bike runs 8.90's(with 200# rider) and 60' 1.45 no problem.. will do better with better gearing.
DSC03032.JPG

Does anyone make a good set that is just solid black with no etching ,symbols, etc. ?

Last edited:
I like Roaring Toyz as well. Not to mention that the kit comes standard with a stainless steel brake line. 4-8 inches.

IMG_1837.jpg

Great looking busa brother:bowdown: BUT, 6-9" ??? Thats only 3" of adjustment? usually 4" adjusters is the NORM from what i've seen. I've used Spencer Cycles extions (2-7") on my ZX12R, When they FIRST came out, and they LOOKED, FIT, and WORKED AWESOME :thumbsup: I would and do recommend these to any one that wants a great set of extions, And there's 5" to play wit!.......When i bought mine i think they where 270.00.....which is a GREAT PRICE IMHO(check em out when you get a chance) :beerchug:

Sorry I mispoke its a 3"-9" extension from all things chrome.

Last edited:
Back