Swing Arm Extending Info and Input

jeffgordons24

Registered
I am looking to extend my Swing Arm, I dont want to go too far with it basically my end goal is to get the tire even with the tail of the bike. I am thinking 2 inches will bring the end of the tire directly below the end of the tail.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=332879765854

Found this on ebay stating a 24 inch swing arm, for me it almost looks like the OE length but cant be certain. Does anyone know the length I should go and if the arm listed above is anything over the stock length?

That's a stock arm. You can find an aftermarket arm already modified (new or used) or you can bolt/weld extensions to your stocker.
I figured it was stock lol was just thrown off, why put the damn length if its stock those basterds. Just say STOCK LENGTH!
That is what im figuring I will do. The only downside is the spools will be way up but my stand I use the flat lifters anyway I dont lift from the spools because it scratches them

They give the length from pivot to axle slot so that people know what other applications it can be used on. At least, I assume that's why....

Just my $.02 on using the flat lifters instead of spools, chain lube makes them slippery. I put a bike on them, went in house for a minute and when I came back the rear tire was on the ground. Only pure luck the bike slid evenly instead of falling over.
The only downside is the spools will be way up but my stand I use the flat lifters anyway I dont lift from the spools because it scratches them

Reactions: c10
I figured it was stock lol was just thrown off, why put the damn length if its stock those basterds. Just say STOCK LENGTH!
That is what im figuring I will do. The only downside is the spools will be way up but my stand I use the flat lifters anyway I dont lift from the spools because it scratches them
is the bike a gen1 or gen2? Itsdoomz has a gen2 thats stretched that looks great.. think its plus4.... hit him up....

Just my $.02 on using the flat lifters instead of spools, chain lube makes them slippery. I put a bike on them, went in house for a minute and when I came back the rear tire was on the ground. Only pure luck the bike slid evenly instead of falling over.
Thanks for the heads up! and wow, you figure you had a 50/50 shot it went to the left and caught the kick stand (if you had left it down) but glad nothing happened to your bike.

I'm no expert on the matter, but budget for a supension upgrade. Two up with the extra leverage will probably make things not so fun.
Racetec has a app to plug in bike weight / lowered front / rear amount and arm length. Along with rider weight. Then it gives a correct spring weight.

Frank at powerhouse sells something like what you’re looking for I believe!
He sure does, He has the stealth swingarms which are around $700 last I checked. I am trying to ring in around the $400-$500 range preferably for arm / chain / brake line. Franks shop is literally directly behind my shop give or take a block.

I'm no expert on the matter, but budget for a supension upgrade. Two up with the extra leverage will probably make things not so fun.
Racetec has a app to plug in bike weight / lowered front / rear amount and arm length. Along with rider weight. Then it gives a correct spring weight.
DAMN!!! Racetech is the poop I was just on their site they can tell you everything. I only weigh 140, My girlfriend is prob 120ish def going to look into the potential suspension upgrades. Thank you for your suggestion c10

I am thinking I can buy a shitted up swing arm for cheap and we can fabricate the extension into it or even buy a set of extension blocks to lay the groundwork and weld them in and powdercoat the entire assembly.
That just leaves a good chain and brake line, I need to find a blue chain though. Any good quality blue chains out there?

I definitely don’t want bolted on extensions. I don’t need that stress every time I ride lol
Perhaps I can get these and a swing arm and start my fabrication there. Only issue is the chain isn’t blue :redface:
9EAEDF85-05BB-4B8C-A9AD-0C7103263875.jpeg

Back