Sweet Ride With RaiderDM Today...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Met up with Raider and a couple of his riding buddies today.  A hell of a good bunch of guys.  Went up to an area North of Tampa called San Antonio...I think... actually I spent an entire morning following them all through all sorts of twisties...and I have absolutely no idea of where I was.

I learned a couple of important things though.

1. Bridgestones kinda suck, especially when getting towards the end of their lives...  really not confidence inspiring.
2.  On unfamiliar, narrow, twisty freaking country roads, just stay behind the guy on the Bandit 1200s and attempt to sooth your ego by reminding yerself he's been out here a lot more than you... :sad:  it's worth a try at least...

Mostly RaiderDM and his crew were smooth, composed, experianced, and fast...  I gotta get out there with them a few more times, was real nice to be riding with a group that's fast without worrying about them doing anything really stupid...  Wait if none of them were doing any of the stupid things...does that mean I was the...one...Hold on a minute...

Was a real good time though...  :super:

Thanks Raider,  :thumbsup:

Oh, one last thing...I learned I need to ride a WHOLE lot more...not saying I suck, far from it in fact, but I am saying that when you put 2000 miles on your Busa in 6 months and your following Raider with 29000 miles in a year on his Busa, the lack of seat time becomes readily apparant. Well that, and I am wore the hell out... They are prolly still riding...I came home and took a freakin nap.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066599528 -->

sounds like a hell of alota fun....I went for a ride with PureEnergy today it was fun except my friend came along with his 500 Vulcan and we spent alot of time waiting for him. Lost him on the highway when we were doing 140 or so...come to think of it havent heard from him since should probably give him a call.

-Eric

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span>Hey Rev, Thanks for the kind words. :beerchug: I put the Busa to bed at 1830hrs. To paraphrase that Indian guy ( Native not motorcycle ), Today was a good day to ride! Considering you had never even seen these roads before & some of us have been riding them several times a weekend for over 10years I thought you did damn well. :thumbsup: You're welcome to come join us any time you want.

BTW the 1200S is 2001 with 4700 miles since Nov 2000. But like I said he is prolly the best rider of the group. Definately the smoothest!

It was great to meet a member of the board and the gang all agreed your OK. Oh yeah and the RC 51 said to say thanks for letting ride in front :bounce:

Glad you guys had a good time. Now all you gotta do is make Laguna next year. :D

PICS man! we want PICS!

And what's this about doing twisties in Fla? I've always heard that it's only flat and straight.

Glad you had a good time, all of you.

Thanks Raider, I'll be out there again without a doubt...I had a blast... Just let me know when! Maybe next the Blue wheelie king won't be there... Though I did enjoy running him down on the Busa. Oh and Letting the RC51 ride in front? Ha, I do think I saw the back of his helmet once or twice... Well unless the road straightened out... 1830? Man I got home at about 1330 and fell asleep on the couch.

Riding out to Laguna Huh? I can say without a doubt that Raider could do it no problem. I'll follow behind with my bike loaded in a van or something. That would be a long Haul...

Sorry No pics this time folks. I didn't bring my little digital but maybe one of these days I will head out there and photograph some of the routes. I was pretty shocked. We hit everything from 20MPH 90deg turns to 120MPH sweepers Oak shaded country lanes, to state highways. Oh and Hills yeah I said it freaking make your stomach do belly flop kinda hills. The only thing I really couldn't get my head wrapped around was the narrowness of some of the roads. I mean a standard width road feels narrow at 80MPH these little country lanes made me feel like I was rolling down a sidewalk... Was a damn good time though...

Glad you went riding Revlis...I was wondering if you guys ever made plans...and so glad to see that you found twisties in Florida! :)

As of this weekend, I've put 1914 miles on my Busa...not bad for only having it less than 2 months! Something "clicked" this weekend while riding...it started on Saturday when I headed out by myself for a quick ride...I just felt like the corners were easier to negotiate. Sunday, again all alone, I headed out for 3.5 hours or riding...whatever it is, something changed in my riding and I had never felt so confident while cornering...I wasn't thinking so much about making the turn, anticipating how much I might have to slow down, change gears or lean. I just coasted through them, using counter-steering most of the time, and had a blast! It's the first time ever that I fully enjoyed cornering...I guess it's just seat time that's given me a bit of confidence...

After reading about you guys in Tampa, I'd say I'm not ready for follow Raider and his gang, but maybe one day! I bet you guys had a blast!

Oh...and I finally broke in to triple digits on the old speedo...hit 100! :D No biggie for those that regularly cruise at 130 mph, but it's a milestone to me...not so sure I care to go much faster than that unless I can get to a track...

Next time, take some pics guys! :tounge:

Vabusa, if ya ever make it down here trust me you won't have any trouble at all following ol' Raider. ;)

Wait that didn't come out right. I meant you'd be able to keep up no problem. :D

Sounds like it was loads of fun. I hope to have some free time soon so I can hook back up with Pimpbike and hit the mountain a few more times before the really cold weather sets in. I enjoy riding by myself but it was much more fun riding with someone else. Unfortunately the one time with Pimp was the only time I've been able to make a ride with others. I need to trim my schedule but the overtime money is just too handy, especially since I want all these damned mods! ;)

It sucks to have a day like today, absolutely beautiful, temperature is perfect for riding, and I'm stuck in a classroom teaching rules of evidence to a basic mandate class! Every time I went outside for break I thought about the busa. :sad: :drool:

Sounds like it was loads of fun. I hope to have some free time soon so I can hook back up with Pimpbike and hit the mountain a few more times before the really cold weather sets in. I enjoy riding by myself but it was much more fun riding with someone else. Unfortunately the one time with Pimp was the only time I've been able to make a ride with others. I need to trim my schedule but the overtime money is just too handy, especially since I want all these damned mods!  ;)

It sucks to have a day like today, absolutely beautiful, temperature is perfect for riding, and I'm stuck in a classroom teaching rules of evidence to a basic mandate class! Every time I went outside for break I thought about the busa.   :sad:  :drool:
I'm feeling for you Bullet... I hate being stuck inside all day when the weather gets perfect like it is.

Riding with other folks is a blast, especially when they know the roads, and have good heads on their shoulders.  I have been with other groups where things just get ugly in a hurry.  Wheelies, unsafe passing, on and on...  You can learn a lot about folks by watching from the rear.  You see the guys hauling ASS around a corner, pushing his bike beneath him to get around corners, talking about how he likes going to the track...Huh?  It quickly becomes apparent IMHO that there is a huge difference between just being able to pull wheelies and go fast and actually being good rider.  There were a couple of other guys with the group I rode with I don't know them, I dunno if Raider knows them, but they served as a pretty good example of how not to ride on the street if you want to stay around very long.  Maybe I am being harsh..I dunno, just my perception maybe.

My point??? Yeah it's good to have one, riding in a group can be a lot of fun, or it means tickets to a freak show of pain and stupidity.  I have been with both types now and I gotta say finding a good group to ride with and it's a blast.  The wrong group...well they have their moments and are sometimes fun to watch...just leave A LOT of following distance.  Raider and Co definitely made the ride better because after just a few miles I could recognize that I can trust them not to do anything real :cool: dumb and get somebody hurt. Find some folks like that and it make a lot of difference...

Vabusa, if ya ever make it down here trust me you won't have any trouble at all following ol' Raider.    ;)

Wait that didn't come out right. I meant you'd be able to keep up no problem. :D
I don't know Raider! After reading Rev's post, I'd imagine you guys would be slowing down a lot to allow me time to catch back up!

:)

I don't know Raider!  After reading Rev's post, I'd imagine you guys would be slowing down a lot to allow me time to catch back up!
Pssst...Va...I'll let you in on a little secret...just don't tell anyone ;)  . I own one of the world's fastest production motorcycles.  :D  It carries one of the world's slowest production riders. :tounge: . It's because I prefer to remain one of the world's live riders that Rev gets to say those nice things about me. That and the fact I've been there, done that have the scars to prove it coming off HURTS
bump.gif

So, yeah..you can keep up  :thumbsup:  

The RC51 & the 1200S are regulars. The R1 & the TL were just customers. You can pretty much expect one or both of the regulars on any run I take. The other 2 would only show up every once & awhile. Like I said Rev, you're welcome to join me on ANY of my weekend rides..Sat or Sun. Just let me know when, I'll let you know where. Before you know it you'll be leading the route! :D

I don't know Raider!  After reading Rev's post, I'd imagine you guys would be slowing down a lot to allow me time to catch back up!
Pssst...Va...I'll let you in on a little secret...just don't tell anyone ;)  . I own one of the world's fastest production motorcycles.  :D  It carries one of the world's slowest production riders. :tounge: . It's because I prefer to remain one of the world's live riders that Rev gets to say those nice things about me. That and the fact I've been there, done that have the scars to prove it coming off HURTS
bump.gif

:D :super:

bump.gif

Well...I guess I'm one of those slowest production riders too...got two boys depending on me getting back home after each and every ride...

If I'm ever in Tampa on my Busa, I'll see if I can hang with you guys...if you'd have me! :D

I'm not sure what's changed since Busa ownership, but I used to love to lead the group on the Harley, and now I do want to hang way in the back and just watch...

If I ever do get to ride with you guys, I call back seat! :D So I can watch and learn, of course...

The RC51 & the 1200S are regulars. The R1 & the TL were just customers. You can pretty much expect one or both of the regulars on any run I take. The other 2 would only show up every once & awhile. Like I said Rev, you're welcome to join me on ANY of my weekend rides..Sat or Sun. Just let me know when, I'll let you know where. Before you know it you'll be leading the route! :D
Hell, I appreciate it, Just gimmie a call or drop a note here, I'm up for it!!! Also if you just want to hang out and BS gimmie a shout, I'll meet you at Hooters or wherever. I like picking wisdom out of those that have it...

I would love to get back out there with you guys though...
I knew the RC and Bandit were regulars, I just wasn't to certain about the R1 and the antics...Didn't seem all that appropriate, especially through that neighborhood... :crazy:

On a bummer note, the front of my once pristine Busa has been ravaged by rocks and gravel...I might actually go talk to the folks at the Shop, I mean there is a good amount of pitting and chipping going on for only 2100 miles... Kinda creepy...

Back