swapping fairings.. got a question...

AZIROC

Registered
hello all. Im new to the site. i dont have my 'busa yet, but am looking for 1 now. but here is my question. i like the 2k (unrestricted) busa's the most.. but not the colors of their fairings.. but im TOTALLy digging the 2k4 black/purple fairings. are these fairings/gas tank interchangable or will modification b needed? just checking to see if i can save alot of $ and just put new fairings on or just save a few $ and get a 2k4 model.

The plastics are interchangeable, but I'm not sure about the tank. May require some modification for proper fit. I think the '02 - '04 models have similar gas tanks that you could swap.

There are some minor modifications from 2k to 2k2 mainly associated with the timing and speed restrictions and one that changes the subframe from aluminum to steel. Other than that no significant differences other than color.

it would probable be cheaper to have it painted instead of replacing the fairings from a stock 04 busa, I think only place you could get them already painted would be dealer and that would cost an arma and a leg. You can also get a TRE and DERESTRICT all other models

Back