Swapping a 03 speedo to a 00 speedo

Heppe

Registered
Hello!

Anybody knows what problems might appear if I switch my 03 speedo to a 00 speedo.
I got a TRE, so the 186mph limit is no more.

Would the 00 speedo show me the right speed?
Any other problems that might appear?
Would the 00 speedo climb over 186? :-)

/ Heppe :vader:

bump.

This is an excellent question that I would like answered as well. I wonder if you used the yellow box if the speedo would be correct!

-Rip

This came up not too long ago. If you are talking about replacing the entire speedo assembly, sender etc, it should work just fine. Though even if it doesn't read 100% accurately, a yellow box can still have you squared away.
I have been thinking about his also, but we do have to admit that this is all about braggin rights and impressing the gullible. Yeah I have seen em to, walking around from bike to bike looking at the speedo's to see how fast each bike can go. But would be nice to get an accurate 220 speedo working so at least we would know where we really stand when running top end.

yea it sux that they took the 220 off of the 01and up guess can get some aftermarket ones and just order for a 99-00 with 220 and that will work :)

This question has been brought up time and time again... I look when every posting comes accross with switching out the speedo with the 220 and I have seen no one that has or has claimed experience with this matter...

Is there anybody out there that has already don this?

Cloud

Try searching for a similar thread...I know this came up awhile ago and they got a pretty good concrete answer. Johnycheese would know. But these things aren't cheap.

yeah I would do it...  Maybe one of us should just do it, since it seems like a bunch of members are wanting to.  Then, they could post all of the issues they ran into...

Any volunteers??

-Ripper

Ok Rip, I'll do it! You pick me up a speedo, a sender, and a yellow box and I'll put them all on my bike to see if they work! :D Seriously though, it seems like it should work, especially if you replaced the sender. Hmmmm Maybe I'll look on ebay for some used parts.
-Ben

You guys !!! All you need to do issssssssssssssssss,,,,

buy the yellow box and face plates, recalibrate to 17% andddddddddd,,,,,,,,,

You're there!!!!!!

Don't waste your money on a new set of gauges! Period.

You guys !!! All you need to do issssssssssssssssss,,,,

buy the yellow box and face plates, recalibrate to 17% andddddddddd,,,,,,,,,

You're there!!!!!!

Don't waste your money on a new set of gauges! Period.
took you long enough to answer that one!

SHEESH

Thanks...

BTW - where can you get a yellow box?

Back