Swap 220mph gauges w/ 180?

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
I need a new one cause one of the buttons is stuck in. So I was wondering if I was limited to only 220 gauges.

If you change from a 220 to a 180 or vice versa, the gauge will not be accurate. What was 100 mph on the old gauge will not read 100 mph on the new gauge.

In order to correct this, you will need to add a Speedo Healer (or like device). These devices will allow you to correct the error.

If you change from a 220 to a 180 or vice versa, the gauge will not be accurate. What was 100 mph on the old gauge will not read 100 mph on the new gauge.

In order to correct this, you will need to add a Speedo Healer (or like device). These devices will allow you to correct the error.

+1 speedo healer :thumbsup:

swapped my 180 gauges for 220 and seems to be pretty darn off because of it, but I dont really pay too much attention to my speed anyways :whistle:

Thanks guys. I already have the speedo healer so if thats all thats wrong then I'm happy go:beerchug:

I know a guy that knows a guy, who might fix you up. Hit up Demmym, I think he wanted sell his 180's, we just swapped in the 220 speedo on his bike.

I know a guy that knows a guy, who might fix you up. Hit up Demmym, I think he wanted sell his 180's, we just swapped in the 220 speedo on his bike.

I will keep that in mind.:thumbsup: I have my eyes on an 07 gauge. (I know a guy who knows a guy too:laugh:)

Thanks James:beerchug:

def. put me 1st. in line IF you know where to get one:whistle:

Scott at bluegauges.com can repair gauges and he is not very expensive at all..

My 220 speedo quit working as well as the odometer and clock also the rubber boot was tore on the trip button..

Scott put a new eprom in the speedo reset my milage repaired the rubber boot and also fixed a couple led's.. gauges work like new all for less than 60 bones..

Shoot him a email and see what he says.. He is the gauge God.. :bowdown:

Welcome to Bluegauges.com

Scott at bluegauges.com can repair gauges and he is not very expensive at all..

My 220 speedo quit working as well as the odometer and clock also the rubber boot was tore on the trip button..

Scott put a new eprom in the speedo reset my milage repaired the rubber boot and also fixed a couple led's.. gauges work like new all for less than 60 bones..

Shoot him a email and see what he says.. He is the gauge God.. :bowdown:

Welcome to Bluegauges.com

:bowdown::bowdown: YOU ARE the MAN

I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.. Tell him your a member of the oRg. and I sent you.. :thumbsup:

He's worked on my gauges a couple of times.. :whistle:

+1000 on Scott at blueguages . He does some pretty dang good work. You might even take a look at the new plates he has. they have a sharp retro look to them that might go well with your bike.:thumbsup:

I didn't think the 220 and 180 interchangeable. I remember a thread a while back about it and someone said they had problems with the connectors?

Everything seems to work fine on the set we did, he just needs a speedo healer to correct the reading.

Back