Sw-Motech rack on trimmed tail..possible?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I want to buy a SW-Motech rack for my bike, but I am having a hard time figuring out where it mounts at the back. If you have a undertail mod, where does it mount? I don't really want to have to change the tail,any suggestions and preferably pics of your bikes with the rack mounted would be great.

PS if anyone is selling a rack, PLEASE let me know!!!! Or thinking about selling...Thanks ,thanks....

Yeah the SW motech rack uses the snow shovel as one of the mounts.

You get a bracket that replaces the original if my memory serves me correct, this goes on behind the numberplate/licence plate and has the two quicklok fixings on it.

not sure how you will get around this.

Andy.

sorry laurie...dont know....havent tried to mount a rack...and hey...how you been!! lol :laugh:

sorry laurie...dont know....havent tried to mount a rack...and hey...how you been!! lol :laugh:

Been good Chris!1 I just got back from a few days ride in WV and VA. It was awesome , of course. I have ridden 53,624 miles since July 3rd. Not to shabby, I think.

Hope you are well, hey, I was thinking about buying a white 06??!!

Been good Chris!1 I just got back from a few days ride in WV and VA. It was awesome , of course. I have ridden 53,624 miles since July 3rd. Not to shabby, I think.

Hope you are well, hey, I was thinking about buying a white 06??!!

Ummm, unless my math is wrong that is about 1400 miles a day which is 60 miles an hour riding for a solid 24 hours, or 120mph riding only 12 hours a day. :whistle:

Don

...not sure if you have a gen1 or 2, but I use this Renntec on my gen2.
I think all of them attach in some way at the luggage bolts and the grab rail mounts under your seat.

B.

I want to buy a SW-Motech rack for my bike, but I am having a hard time figuring out where it mounts at the back. If you have a undertail mod, where does it mount? I don't really want to have to change the tail,any suggestions and preferably pics of your bikes with the rack mounted would be great.

PS if anyone is selling a rack, PLEASE let me know!!!! Or thinking about selling...Thanks ,thanks....

REN7310B[1].jpg

...not sure if you have a gen1 or 2, but I use this Renntec on my gen2.
I think all of them attach in some way at the luggage bolts and the grab rail mounts under your seat.

B.

OK,ok,hold on everyone!! I realized when I was in the car that I posted the wrong numbers,geezzzzz. What I MEANT to post was,8,077 miles from July 3 ( new tires day) to Aug 3rd ( new tire day....LOL)

I have never heard of Renntec, gotta look them up. My bike is a Gen one btw.

Hope these pics help...I have the SW Motech racks and Givi sidebags..also the Givi topcase. I can carry just about anything I need for a week...good stuff...

Hayabusa bagger install 07-09 010.jpg

Hayabusa bagger install 07-09 009.jpg

Only downside to the Renntec is that you can only use your stock rear seat. The hump or Corbin passenger will not work with the rack. The rack is too narrow.

Back