Suzuki's Future Bikes

SABUSABOY

Registered
So what have has Suzuki got planned for the future? Who has the inside scoop? Scar, no insights?

Kawasaki seems to be out doing themselves, leaving Suzuki and all others in its wake. Maybe its time for new leadership at Suzuki, someone who is bold enough to take risks and push the boundaries.
We need new bikes that push the envelope, styling that is jaw dropping, engines with gobs of power and torque but which is smooth and driveable plus some good electronics packages.

Marketing is more for smaller bikes with smaller engines for Asian and European markets

Maybe I should apply for the position. :please:

I have started riding my Busa to work, just to justify keeping the bike, as I never get time to ride.

We have a great parking lot, where all the bikes end up in a long row, sheltered from the afternoon sun. I am one of the older riders and get complements on the bike all the time, but with these comments:

From the sport bike riders, mostly the younger group: ( Quite a few Ducs over here)

"Nice bike, I would have loved to have one, but it is too heavy."

From the Harley guys:

"You gonna kill yourself on that thing"
"Sell your rice burner, get a real bike"

From the Japanese cruiser guys:
"Nice bike, but I would get into trouble with that, scares me"

Based on the above I would say Suzuki should focus on the younger future buyers, keep and upgrade the 1K for WSBK reasons and get something new that is slighty more comfortable than a 1K, much lighter than a Busa and outperforms the fastest production 1K bike, but almost as good in the twisties. Also, they need to figure out why the Busa is not selling, nor popular in most of Europe.

Jelly I think fuel prices soaring has a lot to do with it. Plus the marketing on TV of bikes is lacking, especially in South Africa.
I love the Suzuki 1k but prices here don't justify the bike as for a few k more you can get a Busa.

Just hope Suzuki get their act together and start producing something more substantial.

Suzuki have really dropped the ball over the last few years. Here in Europe, the naked bikes rule. Sport bike sales have dropped but nakeds are everywhere! And bloody panigale/s1k beemers. It's those 2 sportbikes that sell well.
People like the bad boy image of the nakeds.

Local dealer has been told that 2016 is a year to look out for...he's been told its a clean sheet year with 26 new models and not just the cosmetic change type.

I think suzuki should market the hayabusa like a harley....

Meaning offer accessories out the gate to customize the busa how you want it. Not hard to offer a performance package comes with pipe, filter, ext swingarm, aftermarket rims and other racing goodies. A touring edition saddle bags, touring windscreen, cruise control, and gps/interactive dash etc.

I really feel that's the problem with busa. Look @ how HD markets their bikes.... you buy a stock bike and you can customize it and get any and everything you want on it from 1 place. you can go online and build your bike the way you want and then print out the sheet take it to the dealership and make it a reality....:whistle:

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Everdale

Back