Suzuki's fault!!

When I read the response from CyclePirates it states that they lost "the bid". That would lead me to believe that someone else won "the bid" and therefore someone else IS making the illuminated decals? Just my interpretation.???

I understand your frustration as I went through the same thing with a skull cap a few months ago. However, we must always look at both sides of the equation to fully understand the situation. If I were to make something, a widget, for example. I would not want anyone else making widgets or copies of the widgets and then selling them for profit. I bet you a dollar against a donut, that Harley Davidson has patents and copyrights they enforce as well. Carry on peeps!

err umm excuse me for asking, but is a certain leader of this sight authorized by Suzuki to sell the products that are being produced on his laser? Not trying to get banned, just curious.:poke:

follow up...

I just got off the phone with shane harris of cyclepirates the person who sent me the email in my first post. I was trying to gather more information to clarify why these can't be sold. He said everything was lined up for the contract and that Suzuki just shied away from them, he gave me no other reason then that they pertty much just turned their head. No one else won the bid to sell them Suzuki just didn't want them to be sold. He told me that if we were able to get enough people to write them and/or show then that we are interested in getting these decals contracted, that he would give us a smoking deal on them. Shane said that he has boxes of these decals at the store ready to go, he is just unable to sell them. If I am able to keep this thread on top I will just e-mail suzuki all of the responses that I get from this thread.

I plan to stay on top of this as much as I can and keep everyone updated..

thanks

From my short chat with cyclepirates it seems like suzuki just didn't want to cooperate, like it wasn't a good idea or something i really don't know. I plan on contacting suzuki tomorrow as its too late to do it today. I'll keep posting everything that i find out.

I'd be willing to push for this. What's their problem?? :moon:

COPYRIGHT is their problem, they (being Suzuki) created or paid someone originally to create said artwork therefore it is their property, it belongs to them and only them. By law they have all legal rights to that artwork and anyone reproducing it in any manner without proper licensing authorized by the owner (Suzuki) is in violation of the law, in layman's terms it is theft. You don't like it when someone steals your personal property do you? Think I'm kidding? Set up shop somewhere and try to sell Harley-Davidson or Disney merchandise without acquiring proper licensing, many of small uneducated garment/sign shops have been shut down by an army of HD attorneys simply for selling a couple shirts or stickers. Yes all ebay sellers selling any decal, banner, shirt, etc. bearing corporate logos/artwork without acquiring proper licensing from that company are breaking the law.

I just got a set of the Cycle Pirates 360 foot pegs and they are AWESOME! Step up Suzuki no reason to let a good seller sit on a good product that YOUR customers want!

I understand your frustration as I went through the same thing with a skull cap a few months ago. However, we must always look at both sides of the equation to fully understand the situation. If I were to make something, a widget, for example. I would not want anyone else making widgets or copies of the widgets and then selling them for profit. I bet you a dollar against a donut, that Harley Davidson has patents and copyrights they enforce as well. Carry on peeps!

skull cap like a helmet liner?

COPYRIGHT is their problem, they (being Suzuki) created or paid someone originally to create said artwork therefore it is their property, it belongs to them and only them. By law they have all legal rights to that artwork and anyone reproducing it in any manner without proper licensing authorized by the owner (Suzuki) is in violation of the law, in layman's terms it is theft. You don't like it when someone steals your personal property do you? Think I'm kidding? Set up shop somewhere and try to sell Harley-Davidson or Disney merchandise without acquiring proper licensing, many of small uneducated garment/sign shops have been shut down by an army of HD attorneys simply for selling a couple shirts or stickers. Yes all ebay sellers selling any decal, banner, shirt, etc. bearing corporate logos/artwork without acquiring proper licensing from that company are breaking the law.

You missed my point entirely. I was pondering why Suzuki won't endorse this nice product.

I think CP should break the product up into a few pieces and sell each piece individually. This way each individual piece can't be considered anyone's property and when its assembled at the endpoint, it is done so in the buyers private environment. The Kanji symbol certainly isn't exclusive to Suzuki, nor is the lighting or affixing materials. As far as the Hayabusa wording goes, get rid of it because it will just get bled out from the light.

Last edited:

We understand that. Also understand that Suzuki will want to approve, authorize, and license anything anyone else does with their copyrighted and trademarked property. The question is why they don't license quality products done by independent businesses. This isn't the first time I've heard of Suzuki shutting products down instead of licensing them and taking a small cut.

You missed my point entirely. I was pondering why Suzuki won't endorse this nice product.

I think CP should break the product up into a few pieces and sell each piece individually. This way each individual piece can't be considered anyone's property and when its assembled at the endpoint, it is done so in the buyers private environment. The Kanji symbol certainly isn't exclusive to Suzuki, nor is the lighting or affixing materials. As far as the Hayabusa wording goes, get rid of it because it will just get bled out from the light.

I think the Hayabusa kanji in that specific font is trademarked by Suzuki.

A good Lawyer could argue that the Kanji, when designed for placement on a Suzuki bike, is a willful violation of copyright. If you were using the Kanji in a bird sanctuary, it would be a different story.

A good Lawyer could argue that the Kanji, when designed for placement on a Suzuki bike, is a willful violation of copyright. If you were using the Kanji in a bird sanctuary, it would be a different story.

It could also be presented on Ebay as modern Japanese decor! :D

Back