Suzuki's fault!!

Ok here goes maybe we could sign a waver stating we will never use them on a suzuki motorcycle and they can sell them as scrap material???????:whistle: I know suzuki does not own kanji and does not own hayabusa look it up kanji=brother hayabusa=some damn warrior from way back before motorcycles ever existed??????? think I will write suzuki a nasty letter asking for their patent #'s on all this:rulez:

Kanji can refer to any of the following:

Kanji, the Japanese writing system
Chinese character, a general discussion of Chinese characters which are also used in other East Asian languages
Kanjee, An Indian drink prepared in months of Feb-March near Holi festival, with Carrot or Vada.
Kanji bush, an Australian shrub
Kanji (era), a Japanese era name (1087-1094)
Kanji, Jammu and Kashmir, a village in India
The Kanji Project, a UK registered charity
Congee, a semi-liquid food made from rice
Cangjie input method (cj), a method of computer entry of Chinese characters
Cangjie, a legendary Chinese historagrapher

Hayabusa is Japanese for Peregrine Falcon. It may refer to:

Hayabusa, an unmanned space mission formerly known as MUSES-C
Hayabusa 2, a proposed follow-up space mission
Hayabusa (train), a train service name in Japan
Hayabusa Station, a train station in Japan
Suzuki Hayabusa, a sport motorcycle produced since 1999
Manshū Hayabusa, 1930s Japanese airliner
Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa, a World War II fighter airplane
Ryu Hayabusa, a video game character

Maybe he is banned caused suzuki asked Cap to not let him post his unauthorized suzuki produce for sale on his site and suzuki could pull Cap from being a authorized dealer himself if he didnt not comply??
Its hard to say for sure but im sure theres a good reason he is banned. The adims of this site are a great bunch of people and im sure there alot of thought put into why they ban the people they do. Long live Cap and the admins :cheerleader:

I wanted these bad enough that I picked up a set on ebay. I cant bring myself to apply them yet though...knowing I just might not be able to get them again

Ok why hasn't Cap chimed in....he has some peeps inside Suzuki that he deasl with?

((((((((((((((((((Calling the Captain!))))))))))))))))))))))))):laugh:

Seriously, you guys can give away those boxes of decals that you have. Suzuki can't do a damn thing about that at all. The ones who receive the decals can make the proper "donation" to the seller.
Posted via Mobile Device

follow up...

I just got off the phone with shane harris of cyclepirates the person who sent me the email in my first post. I was trying to gather more information to clarify why these can't be sold. He said everything was lined up for the contract and that Suzuki just shied away from them, he gave me no other reason then that they pertty much just turned their head. No one else won the bid to sell them Suzuki just didn't want them to be sold. He told me that if we were able to get enough people to write them and/or show then that we are interested in getting these decals contracted, that he would give us a smoking deal on them. Shane said that he has boxes of these decals at the store ready to go, he is just unable to sell them. If I am able to keep this thread on top I will just e-mail suzuki all of the responses that I get from this thread.

I plan to stay on top of this as much as I can and keep everyone updated..

thanks

I will give you my fullest support,as i want one set too:beerchug:

Never mind.. Seeing people have been banned and probably over this topic, I don't know if I want to get involved. lol I'd support it though, so let me know what to do to let Zuki know I'd like to see them on the market.

Last edited:
Good Morning Hayabusa owners,

Our webmaster sent over a link to this discussion for me to view. I read through a few posts and I felt it necessary to register so that I may clear up some confusion surrounding this problem. While I appreciate the support you guys have for this particular product, I want to make sure you have all of the facts as they are stated in order to make your own decisions about talking to Suzuki America.

The easiest way to clear things up right away is to show you the document that put a stop to Electriglow Decal. As you will see, the document is a couple years old and marks exactly when we were forced to "Cease and Desist". Here is that document, unedited:

Suzuki001.jpg

Suzuki.jpg

Now, here are a few facts that have been twisted around from phone conversations with me to this forum.

1.) Cycle Pirates DOES NOT have "Hundreds of Decals sitting in boxes". As per the threat of a law suit by a major Motor Company, we do not have ANY Kanji decals. We also do not have any molds or ability to immediately create the image. Doing so or having said inventory would violate the conditions stated above.

2.) Cycle Pirates is not secretly selling Hayabusa Kanji Logos. There are many other small companies out there that have run with the design idea and are Illegally producing these decals. To date, NO ONE has the authority to sell this product. You must be officially licensed by the manufacturer to sell a product bearing their company's logo no matter what. The Kanji symbol or the word "Hayabusa" are not copyrighted, but the combination of the design along with the Suzuki branding that makes the image immediately identifiable as the GSX1300R product logo is what violates copy write infringement. Thus, producing any product that resembles their trademark is grounds for a law suit.

3.) I personally have made new attempts to contact Suzuki to remedy this situation. I spoke with Mike Clark personally as well as another member of the Suzuki corporation. Suzuki has no interest in working with Cycle Pirates in the future. I'm sorry guys, it just seems that they could care less about working with us. I was not with the company in 2008 and do not know what personally transpired, but apparently it is permanent. Unless someone speaks with the head honchos on a personal level, this is a dead subject.

I hope that this clears up any confusion. If you are some how finding products similar to ours online, grab them up quickly as who ever is producing them is on borrowed time. If it becomes very successful they will most certainly get shut down. I can promise you that it is not an official product.

i think its time to start calling brad non stop. his phone number is right on the note:) i will have his home number here soon as well. My suggestion is as was stated earlier. Make it a 2 piece decal. You assemble it on your own. One is the kanji which they cant trademark. The second is the hayabusa which they cant trademark. Then sell em seperately.

i think its time to start calling brad non stop. his phone number is right on the note:) i will have his home number here soon as well. My suggestion is as was stated earlier. Make it a 2 piece decal. You assemble it on your own. One is the kanji which they cant trademark. The second is the hayabusa which they cant trademark. Then sell em seperately.

The suggestion seems logical although I'm not a lawyer. It's unfortunate that Suzuki is outright unwilling to open negotiations but we don't know what happened completely to come to that conclusion, other than a company proclaiming they have an agreement when they did not.

It's too bad they are not available for purchase, not that I would place one on my bike but having one glowing in the garage or elsewhere would be cool!

Back