Suzuki Thread Locker??

Feffman

Registered
OK I'm stsarting the re-assembly this evening after installing new shift forks, the fork rods/rails and star shifter. Called the dealer about Suzuki "Thread Lock Cement Super 1322" (part #99000-32110) as prescribed in the manual. It's $100+ for a small bottle.

Is it OK to use Loctite or Permaseal Blue thread locker instead (About $6)?

Feff

blue should be just fine... the red is considered a "Permanent" type (I would use the red on the sprocket nut)

I thought lock that was just for UK, Europe, and Australia models?

I thought lock that was just for UK, Europe, and Australia models?
really? that is odd... we used the blue on transaxles to seal the threads.. stuff is no where near as "hard" as the red..

can not imagine it would hurt anything however.. (well unless you really goober the stuff on)

really? that is odd... we used the blue on transaxles to seal the threads.. stuff is no where near as "hard" as the red..

can not imagine it would hurt anything however.. (well unless you really goober the stuff on)

you replied before my post.

My Clymer shows that item number 1322 lock for UK, Europe , Australia models.....?

But like Bogus says...go with BLue

blue should be just fine... the red is considered a "Permanent" type (I would use the red on the sprocket nut)

I use red for everything...I got the jack hammer ready if I need to break it loose. :laugh:

Actually, I do use red a lot. If you don't over do it (just use a drop or two), red works just fine...but like B said, don't use it for something that you're going to be adjusting or removing often. (I change my sprockets around every couple weeks too)

Here is a pic of a package that had 1303 that I used to do the clutch TSB on a k8. I picked it up at the suzuki dealer. The parts guy tried to give me another number but I pointed out that the TSB calls for 1303. He checked again and found the right stuff. Cost 6 bucks. You can see from the pic that there are different grades depending on the use.

Hope this helps.

Busa 068.jpg

Last edited:
color is different for all types and brands and also for what they are specific for... red can be many different things not just permanent, typically it is thought loctite (brand specific) purple low strength, blue medium, red high, green retaining compound... but even inside loctite there is a green that is a medium strength it is a wicking type that can be put on after fastener is already tightened, just read and use a medium strength that is oil resistant like loctite brand 243, 242 is also medium strength but it is not oil resistant and also it is a lighter blue and runnier. Just read for what is best suited for your particular application

Back