Suzuki Recalls 70,000+ Motorcycles for Faulty Rectifier

Mine was already replaced once, along with two batteries I went through because of it. Luckily the rectifier was under warranty when it went out, but I was left bikeless in Daytona Beach.. They wouldn't replace the batteries though. The only thing I wonder about now is, did they replace it with the same one that has been prone to fail? It's not under warranty now, and I really don't want to be stranded again at Bike Week in Daytona!!!

because from what they told me is that there will be a limited supply of rectifiers coming in which doesnt sound true but i am in the army and i will be in the field for 7 days so i wont have anyone to take it in while im away so i just took it in

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR/REGULATOR

The regulator / rectifier assemblies with the following Suzuki part numbers are being recalled on the motorcycles mentioned: 32800-41F11, 32800-15H10, 32800-05H11, 32800-41G10, 32800-15H00, 32800-18H00, 32800-05G10, 32800-10G10, 32800-05H20, OR 32800-06G01.

Suzuki says some regulator / rectifier assemblies were produced with insufficient adhesion between the power module (circuit board) and the rectifier case that contains a heat sink to dissipate heat.

Due to the insufficient adhesion, heat generated on the power module circuit board can cause the circuit board to deform, and lift off the case.

This condition causes excessive heat on the circuit board and uncontrolled electric current output which can result in insufficient charging current being provided to the motorcycle battery.

This can cause the discharge of the Suzuki motorcycle's battery, which can lead to stalling or a non-start condition; if the motorcycle's engine stalls, it could increase the risk of a crash.

Suzuki will notify owners and Suzuki distributors will replace the effected part with an improved part free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin on March 2. Ownwers may contact Suzuki at 1-714-996-7040.

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or visit safercar.gov."

My dealer just told me that they should have the parts in about 1-2 wks. I just hope that I can get some decent weather for the drive up there.

My guys back in service ran my VIN and mine popped up with the recall. I guess it's suppose to be ALL 08 Hayabusa's and possibly some 09 models

Why another recall!!!! haha this is getting old. if it wasnt such a great bike i would be pretty upset :rofl:

Hey Folks!...just wait a dadgum minute here...to stop & think..

There's been a gagillion rediculous topics on this board ranging from everything from chinese levers too TRE's toooo cracked steering head welds and all the way back to CCT's (Cam Chain Tensioners) and unless i missed something?...in the last 8 years i think i seen maybe 2-3 "bad rectifier" threads..But...

suzi catches he11 cause they identified a potential issue and manned up for a 70K unit recall?

:whistle:

I still think that Huge "S" in front of the uzuki stands for..

Speed, Service & Satisfaction

then again?..i own a Silver/Gray '03 and it's done nothing but KICK AZZ since the day i rode it home! :thumbsup:

I love the Japanese people...all about honor..so much so?..that when they prove their still human by making a mistake here and there?..they "Save Face" by making immediate ammends..so i say..

:thumbsup: :bowdown: to Suzuki for making the effort to remedy this seemingly to me not so common failure...and that's why i love Suzi & Kawi..they haven't become "Too Americanized" in they way they do biz and treat their customers...like a certain blue and a certain red jap motorcycle companies sometimes do..now..

Go ride the Piss outta yer GenII's till appointment time! :laugh:

Bet they run all the way there! :poke: Problem Free! :rofl:

L8R, Love Bill. :cool:

there has been alot of them fail, and going on 4 years since the gen2 was released is hardly speedy service. not that im saying they are worse or better than any other out there, but to say they are doing this just because they are so great i think is a farce.

Hey Folks!...just wait a dadgum minute here...to stop & think..

There's been a gagillion rediculous topics on this board ranging from everything from chinese levers too TRE's toooo cracked steering head welds and all the way back to CCT's (Cam Chain Tensioners) and unless i missed something?...in the last 8 years i think i seen maybe 2-3 "bad rectifier" threads..But...

I've had two bikes named in this recall, and those 2 bikes had bad recitiiers, with one replacement unit possibly going bad yet again. From my perspective it's a 100% failure rate.

Where can I register my bike so that I can get a copy of the letter and/or be in the system for the recall notice?

I looked on the official Suzuki site, but did not see anything.

You don't need to receive the letter. Just go to your dealer and they can take it from there.

Where can I register my bike so that I can get a copy of the letter and/or be in the system for the recall notice?

I looked on the official Suzuki site, but did not see anything.

You don't need a notice or letter to get the recall done. Get it to your Suzuki dealership closest to you and they will get you in the system and take care of your recall.

Took my Busa in Last Thursday and picked it up Yesterday with the New Rectifier . The dealership near me has over 13 pages front & back of recalls to perform for the rectifier. I would suggest to get your Busa's in so there won't be such a long wait.

Back