Suzuki Recalls 70,000+ Motorcycles for Faulty Rectifier

Djxtrodinaire

Registered
Still waiting for my letter. I might just ring my local dealer to see if they will do the swap without my letter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just another reason why gen I rules.....and before you say anyting,,,,yes i have a gen II as well........

Suzuki has discovered a faulty electrical rectifier/regulator in its design that needs replacing.

I like how it says that "they discovered" the problem. No, they realized that enough people were sharing all too common stories of having to replace the damn things. When I own two bikes on that list, and both rectifiers have both gone bad, I think we have more than just a coincidence on our hands.

This really ticks me off. (and I think my rectifier may be bad AGAIN!)

Already have an appointment for next Saturday .
Suzuki dealer here said they will test it and replace it :whistle:

Wait...test it? What does that mean, if it's not broken yet you have to wait until you're stranded on the side of the road? I would scream bloody murder if they tried to pull that BS on me.

Just called my local dealership and they know nothing of this, told me to call back in an hour.

Copy/pasted the link provided and sent it to the service department as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed this is ridiculous, mine went bad and left me stranded, wonder if the replacements are under recall
Posted via Mobile Device

Over 30,000 on mine, no problems, nor on anyone else's I know that have 08's. If it went bad and you have the receipt for an OEM replacement contact Suzuki and see what they might do.

A recall is a good thing, nothing to be pissed about. Suzuki doesn't manufacture the part. What would be ridiculous would be them taking no action after the problem was identified.

Is it not ridiculous to test a part known to fail and wait for it fail leaving someone stranded. Even though it may test good it can still fail before you replace it. While obviously the quality is suffering enough to warrant a recall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not ridiculous to test a part and wait for it fail leaving someone stranded before you replace even though the quality is suffering enough to warrant a recall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Might want to edit that. Can't make any sense of it.

just called 2 dealers and neither one of them have been notified about the situation.

Ok so if you have an 09 out of warranty with no problems are they gonna give you a new rectifier to prevent possibly getting stranded or what ?
A recall means they fix it no matter what, in warranty or not , right ?

I'm confused?

Whats the vins on the recalled 09s ?

just called my local bike store and was told that its not all 08 and 09's so they ran my VIN and yep mine is defective but was also told that the dealerships will only be getting a limited # of rectifiers in so i needed to brink in my bike ASAP and not to ride it at all, so i asked when will they get the good rectifier in and i was told in about 3 wks. (WTF)

It affects all Busa 2008 - 2010 I believe manufactured after July '07. I'll be swinging by my dealer soon. They love this stuff.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, right ?

Curious how many who's bikes run fine will have rectifier swapped for a new one as compared to who will leave well enough alone? I kinda don't want to mess with it.

just dropped my bike off, they said it would take at least 7 days to get the part in which i think is BS, but my local dealership just got the recall notice yesterday

just dropped my bike off, they said it would take at least 7 days to get the part in which i think is BS, but my local dealership just got the recall notice yesterday

Why drop it off and let your bike sit at a dealership for a week at least?
Keep the bike and let them call me when part comes in is what I'd do.

Back