Suzuki question for the Org

Jayhawk

Registered
It appears that Suzuki is pulling the plug on the B-King, and no '09s will be imported to the U.S. Also, rumor has it that the bike will be discontinued in Europe after '09.

The question for you more seasoned Suzuki followers, how long is it reasonable to expect there to be factory support (parts, etc.) for the Burger King? There were only 350 or so of them imported, and I can't imagine there's a robust parts stock for them today, let alone a year or two down the road.

I gotta decide whether to trade it off on a new 'Busa or perhaps a new VMax. :banghead:

You may have problems getting parts in the 3/4 year period when you will need them. A lot of the wear items are generic, so it is a flip of the coin. If I liked the bike I might hold on to it just because it is unique. You never know about the longivity of the new V-Max either as far as that goes. You could be in the same boat in five years. If I were to trade (whitch I did - 06 Busa) It would be for a new 09 Busa.

ya know if they just would put a NORMAL fricken tank on there, they'd have a heck of a naked bike. Thing looks awesome from the side and has a heck of a motor...the tank is just absolutely unnecissary and hideous.

It makes no sense, I understand a lot of it's bulk was there to hide the concept bikes supercharger but...to remove the supercharger and leave the excess bs...

They should revamp it by using a standard tank and give it another couple years. Make one heck of a commutor bike, but I'll never get past the tank. I would assume based on sales...I am not alone.

It would appear your right though...I don't see a 2009 B-king on the Zuk web site.

Last edited:
not sure about bikes but car makers are required to keep a reasonable supply of repair parts for any vehicle 10 or less years old..

Im keeping mine.... and my 2000 Busa.... when I bought my Busa in 2000 people said they looked porky, ugly, big , fat you name it... Now its a speed icon.. Ya know plymouth could not give the Super Bird away back when they were made... Now look at what one is valued at... I owned a very rare 1970 Plymouth Cuda AAR 6 pack car and sold that.. a very dumb move... The guy I sold it to sold it for more than $10,000 over what I sold it to him for one year later... Now Im not saying the King will go up in value like that But all in all its a 2008 Busa in a different suit... Do what you want but I would think before you sell one of 350 B-Kings brought into in the states... The motor and trans is Busa what parts are you in fear of needing to replace? Body parts? Suzuki will have the parts in stock for ten years.. From what I was told to sell a vehicle in the US they have to make parts available for replacement for that amount of time...
But I do admit they have not sold like I thought they would. Guess people are afraid not to be like everyone else, they have to be accepted by the crowd.

U.S. Requirement is 10 years (min.) of service parts. Needless to say, that doesn't mean that what you need will always be available. Fortunately, lots of service parts on the B-King are interchangeable with the 'Busa :thumbsup:

Service will be another issue. A solid stealership won't turn down work on a bike that is not heavily modified. You may want to re-evaluate service issues (if you don't do your own work) when your warranty is up.

I wouldn't panic. The B-King is not the first, or last "one-hit wonder" motorcycle out there. Short production run bikes are not all that uncommon. To some enthusiasts, that increases the desirability factor.

If your bike makes you happy, and you can see yourself in the saddle for a few years, keep it. If not, trade it in on a 'Busa. Why a 'Busa? I don't think they are going to stop making them in the near future, and there is also the bang-for-the-buck index. If you grab a new V-Max (which is SWEET, but ridiculously expensive), you may end up in the same boat as with your B-King.

I owned and raced a 1992 V Max... a very cool bike but they made the new one too heavy, its too much money and its still shaft drive. Im sure the king will give a new Max rider trouble in the 1/4 mile.. Nothing sounds like a built V4 Max motor I must admit...

DragMax.gif

we had an 1100F Honda pound everyone at the races this year (only built 1 year as well) and a fun bike to ride..

Jayhawk go look for a new V Max... but look for it to race and show its owner he dropped too much money and the King is nothing to mess with!

Ah, thanks for the info. The 10 years thing makes the whole situation a lot more palatable. I do kinda understand why the dealer was about to kiss me when I told him I would take the bike, though. ???

Everybody an their mother wanted the B-king, but when the production model hit, no turbo no 240 tire and it just lost it's sex appeal. they got no one to blame but themselves. If they had left the bike the way everyone was drooling over it I think it would have sold a lot better. they're would have been a lot of dead people but sales would have been a lot higher.:laugh:

Everybody an their mother wanted the B-king, but when the production model hit, no turbo no 240 tire and it just lost it's sex appeal. they got no one to blame but themselves. If they had left the bike the way everyone was drooling over it I think it would have sold a lot better. they're would have been a lot of dead people but sales would have been a lot higher.:laugh:

Bking was never turbo'd...it was supercharged.

good move they dumped the 240 rear tire.

I might buy oneif they start discounting them to move them...but Suzuki made the mistake of making them more expensive than the busa....

There was no need to make them that much different and suffer the tooling costs they did.

I'm keeping mine.
It's a different bike and more fun to ride on the street than my 08 Busa. The Busa is faster but the King turns more heads and is alot eaiser on my old motox back.
Keep the faith man, the Bking could wind up in the same crowd as my 79 GS1000s.:thumbsup:

Vance and Hines won the Pro Stock Championship on the CB1100F in 1983! I almost bought one. As for the B-king. I would hang onto that one too!

we had an 1100F Honda pound everyone at the races this year (only built 1 year as well) and a fun bike to ride..

I may buy a Bking next year, if I can find one new.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
It appears that Suzuki is pulling the plug on the B-King, and no '09s will be imported to the U.S. Also, rumor has it that the bike will be discontinued in Europe after '09.

The question for you more seasoned Suzuki followers, how long is it reasonable to expect there to be factory support (parts, etc.) for the Burger King? There were only 350 or so of them imported, and I can't imagine there's a robust parts stock for them today, let alone a year or two down the road.

I gotta decide whether to trade it off on a new 'Busa or perhaps a new VMax. :banghead:

If you are having trouble deciding weather to stick with B-King cause of possible lack of support from Suzuki I can relate. But trying to figure out which to buy an 08-09 Busa or the more expensive V-Max. :banghead::banghead::banghead: You gotta be ****ting me:lol::lol::lol:

The B-King is not the first, or last "one-hit wonder" motorcycle out there. Short production run bikes are not all that uncommon. To some enthusiasts, that increases the desirability factor.

if i ever run up on a 88-92(?) Honda Hawk and have the cash it will be mine. i have many fond memories of riding the one my buddy had while he was in class. :laugh:

Back