"SUZUKI" PLEASE

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
With all the new litre bikes being so close to the Busa, I think we should start a thread requesting updating of the Busa for 05.
Like Bullet said in another thread, if they don't update it, the Busa will lose it's status of baddest in the land.
For all those that wanna see it updated, share your opinions here.
Lets make this thread for the """"update only crowd please""""".
After/if it gets big enough........I'll try and contact Zuk, and maybe we can get something done about this.
There is a huge owner base on this board, and maybe Zuk will listen if there is enough call to modify it.
Hey Cap or Rev.......can you pin this if you see fit please!!!

It's probably already too late for 05 but maybe 06? The Busa needs to shed a little weight and possibly a new tail light/rear section. LED tail light and edgier rear plastics.

Im thinking of new getting new bike in 2005. so figure
smile.gif

I don't think this thread has stated out as it was intended to...So I'll make a quick offer...

Suzuki get off your butt and build a bike that can wear the crown as "King of Speed" without the possibilities of some wanna be leftist emerging as a challenger...

We need you to drop the weight...How about a stock 4-2-1 titanium system???How about a noticeable increase in HP???That's what we want and need...Your letting the other manufactors get to damn close...And reduce that damn mud flap...
evil.gif

If they cant go over the limited speed I say they should get you there faster. I would hate to mess with the looks of the Busa to much.Some subtle change for better aero dynamics plus some more horsepower and torque (180-190H.P. and 120lbs tq)would be nice. HID and LED lights standard and better brakes.:D

the damn thing looks fine...
more power
less weight
dont give it any sharp edges like everything else out there.

Here's what I wanna see.

A 4-2-1 Ti system to lighten it a bit
About 180 rear wheel hp.......(not crank hp) this would be easy......modify the cam profile, and a little head work.
and a dry weight of about 440 lbs

Now come on Zook......this is no tall order......get on it, or you will lose customers....lots of em!!!!!

Joining the band wagon.......
H.I.D headlight, LED tail lights (cleaner tail section) MORE HORSE POWER/TORQUE!!!
Hazard lights, and of course less weight.

New Dash, 4 to 1 exhaust(don't do the R1 version), new wheels, slightly update tail section, lose some weight, paint inner fairings and keep or make a comfier seat. I guess this is enough, just make sure we also get more horsepower to out do these dang litre bikes, cause they are coming fast and hard. Oh yeah, be able to keep seat on and take shell, on and off with grab rail.

<!--EDIT|Pacaveli
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082311440 -->

I think that the key here is that the other bikes are catching up to the busa when it comes to stock speeds but put nos or turbo on the busa is the nect level and because of its weight, length and aerodynamics it will always be the speed king because there is so much that you can do with it.

cap

put this bike o n the threadmill or atkins diet, which ever you prefer, and have it shead 40 or so pounds.

put a bigger cam in some lighter wheels and bam the king of speed updated model

either way zook better do something or im goona get rid of it this year
sad.gif

Personally I'd like to see Suzuki slightly change the appearance without changing the aerodynamics. Maybe a different lighting style. Lighten it by about 50lbs add some digital guages for accuracy. Oh yeah, and a couple more ponies and ft/lbs of torque would be nice. All this without too big of a price increase. R&D alone will probably add 2 - 3 grand to the current prices with what I have stated.

Brian

I don't ride around at 200 mph now... so whats the point... If I wanted to
look like every one else.. I'd have bought a 1K Clone bike. I say up the
power, change the tail... use 2 Cans...

Guys I have to say, I agree with wanting to update but I have ridden the new GSXR,CBR,and Yami for 04 and they do not even compare to the pure power of the Busa. They all run very well but none of them have the torque( which is the most important part of acceleration) that the Busa does. I still have not been out run by any of the above bikes, not even close. Granted this is on the street with everyday average Joes riding them but the Busa still is the King.

OK Suzuki... Add 20-30HP at the rear wheel with matching Torque, New front brakes with improved lever feel, Update the looks, LED lights, Integrated rear Signals, and finally drop about 30-40LBS.
Best part? Build the Updated Busa as an SE model only, charge an additional $3-4K, paint it in a solid black, and be sure to stand clear...

More ponies...more TQ
New exhaust (I like the dual, but undertail would look sumtin nice)
Lil weight loss, but not too much as the added weight adds for
increased stability at higher speeds & with wind gusts.
Improved braking
Maintain consistancy with rim/swingarm/peg size (SO I DON'T
HAVE TO GIVE UP MY CHROME PARTS
tounge.gif

Optional upgrade to DB windscreen, topgun undertail & modified
hump with purchase.

Back