Suzuki NA has an F rating with the BBB!!!

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb....0011049

guns.gif
Suzuki Warranty and Suzuki customer service.

Sorry I just need to vent a little.
This 2nd gear thing has got me Heated!!!!

Ouch! Not good...I've got my complaints too, but they're mostly with the damn dealerships that just sell and don't care about much beyond that...customer service AT THAT LEVEL is in need of serious help in my region of VA...

Of course, if you look at the # of complaints and if that's where they're getting their rating from, it is a tad skewed...it's a very small sampling from the Busa ownership population...many aren't reporting to the BBB it seems...

No there not, and you know what. I work for a $140 million dollar mail order company as a supervisor in The Customer Service Dept, and we do recieve letters from the BBB sometimes and we handle it A.S.A.P. Doesent seem like Suzuki handles them at all. Per the rating looks like failure to comply with the terms of the contract. (Must be the warranty) Go figure

My point was that according to that site and those stats, there are ONLY 17 complaints listed with the BBB...if the "F" rating is based on that alone, it's hardly an indication of how the entire company is handling issues...

My dealership replaced my entire headlamp assembly under warranty. Granted they destroyed it, but my dealer claims to handle warranty issues well and I understand their point, hell they're being paid to work on bikes, so why not, unless it's just obvious owner abuse. I've only got a couple months left and have nearly 16K on the bike and we're doing great.
super.gif

I haven't been involved in all the 2nd gear issues, but I'm hard on my ride and knock on wood it's rolling fine.

(VaBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,11:53) My point was that according to that site and those stats, there are ONLY 17 complaints listed with the BBB...if the "F" rating is based on that alone, it's hardly an indication of how the entire company is handling issues...
Right, But its how they hadled there small 17 issues. They obviously didnt handle them correctly or else they would have had a better rating.

(Cadillac94Pimpin @ Jun. 20 2007,15:13)
(VaBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,11:53) My point was that according to that site and those stats, there are ONLY 17 complaints listed with the BBB...if the "F" rating is based on that alone, it's hardly an indication of how the entire company is handling issues...
Right,  But its how they hadled there small 17 issues. They obviously didnt handle them correctly or else they would have had a better rating.
I agree that NO complaint should be ignored, however, let's say they get 500 complaints in a year.  Those 5 listed that were never addressed is a drop are the bucket...and they were apparently bad enough to be passed along by the comsumer to the BBB.  To me, that says that the (potential) hundreds of complaints were addressed...I hardly think that only 17 valid complaints were passed along to Suzuki...plus, these 17 complaints span back to 5/17/2005 when the first complaint was submitted and the BBB records began on Suzuki NA...

I have never had issues with the corporation itself, just a few of the little guys that sell the bikes and then screw 'em up, won't fix 'em or get pissed because you didn't buy from them but suddenly need their help...

I ordered a RH fairing it came defected(bad mold) and scratched from them wrapped in foam. I was leaving on a trip in acouple of days. They said they would overnite one at my or the dealers expense "cause it wasn't their problem". Even after explaining it was their fault thaty the one I ordered in good faith and plenty of time to get here, not thinking they would send out such crap. That was all "Cust.Service" would say, Oh and, "is that all" and "Have a nice day". Concidered selling it as soon as the other fairing got here. But it is still the best bike, but they suck.

(Cadillac94Pimpin @ Jun. 20 2007,12:13)
Right,  But its how they hadled there small 17 issues. They obviously didnt handle them correctly or else they would have had a better rating.
The handling of the complaint is speculative in relation to the person executing the complaints.

I know of people who have fricken abused bikes, broke stuff then wanted the stuff they broke fixed under warranty.

Sorry, I call BS on those type of situations and people.

with that said,

for one, how does the BBB validate that if the company refused to make adjustments that they should have been made under some kind of warranty? they dont say WHY the compnay refused.

Second, how do they determine the company has not responded? do they take the complainers word for it? or do they contact the company and the company says "uhh yeah, we ignored that person and we are not going to answer them"

And, that site isnt a hayabusa complaint site, it is a site for Suzuki motors, ALL their motorcycles.

the only people that are going to contact BBB are the ones that have problems, people that are happy are not going to contact them and say 'Hey!! give them an A!!"

So I think only 17 complaints for the entire Suzuki motors (M/C ATV) is not bad in my opinion.

You are allways going to have someone that is going to get a lemon and they will just get screwed, shouldnt happen, but Karma is a beyotch and sometimes you just get handed the raw end of things in life.

And some people will never be happy and allways complain no matter how good you take care of them..

And I have to add that I've had TWO experiences with the BBB in my lifetime, both of which yielded NOTHING in favor of me, the consumer...not saying that those that have filed complaints against Suzuki NA weren't correct in doing so, but I wouldn't automatically assume that the BBB is exactly bending themselves over backwards to really help out the little guys...it's another BS red-taped filled organization with a bunch of paper pushers...

I will have to say, to avoid bad feelings, that I haven't had MAJOR issues with my Busa, no problems with 2nd gear, so I know you're frustrated, but I don't believe it's a world-wide issue that enough are complaining about to get Suzuki to address it, at least not yet
sad.gif
 I hope you get the issues worked out; I'm sure it's been frustrating...

I agreed with trasher 100%. I never has problem with Suzuki motors (knock on wood)
90% of sport bike owners are squids, we know that.
Doing 11 o`clocks few miles straight and then complain about failure due to oil starvation.
95% of chains i observed at bike nights were neglected, then they filed complains about their chains broke and trash the case. or starving bike on fuel with improper upgrades and then complain about valves burned and pistons melted.

I agreed with Suzuki on those owned abused issues 100%.

Suzuki is more reliable then Ducati, Kawasucki, and even BMW. IMO. what else you can wish for?

(Cadillac94Pimpin @ Jun. 20 2007,15:13)
Right, But its how they hadled there small 17 issues. They obviously didnt handle them correctly or else they would have had a better rating.
Let's see, if everyone that didn't think they got the attention they deserved reported to the BBB, then........................

and.. I never believe in warranty, any warranty.
That might be my personal luck but not a single company I filed case with honored their warranty.
or makes it so difficult I just dropped it and fix it myself.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,15:54) and.. I never believe in warranty, any warranty.  
That might be my personal luck but not a single company I filed case with honored their warranty.
or makes it so difficult I just dropped it and fix it myself.
Amen...if someone offers you the wonderful EXTENDED WARRANTY for $$$ amount of money, ask 'em how difficult it is to get 'em to honor the warranty you already get with the item
laugh.gif
 I go in to everything assuming I'll have to pay to replace it should something go wrong; the rest is just dumb luck  
wink.gif

BBB is a big scam. They make no difference, only collecting membership.

The whole concept of BBB outdated when we have internet now.

They approached my company many times trying to convince me in membership benefits, I just laugh in their faces....

BBB ratings are anachronistic, at best.

Building a rating based upon 15 or so reports when the company has thousands upon thousands of customers across multiple types of products is patently ridiculous.

Another way of looking at it is: when was the last time you or anyone you know actually sent a POSITIVE report to the BBB?

Back