Suzuki Helmets

RazoRRBlade

Registered
Does anyone have the Shoei RF900 Suzuki Helmet that matches the 2002 Black LE 'Busa? I want to get one but would like to see a picture before I plop down $500. I've seen the other colors and they seem pretty cool. I already have the Black Duhamel RF900 and am very pleased with it; its just getting worn out: 5,000 miles on a 954RR and 9,000 miles on a 'Busa. Thanx!

i really havent seen one out there. i thought of getting some decals and place it on my Shoei RF 900 helmet.

Hmm I have yet to see a LE black model yet. I have the black/blue hayabusa RF900. I have only scene the black/blue and the black/grey helmets for the 02 models

I think it is too much money for a Sheoi, but I am so biased towards Arai. The Edwards replica, I think, has an eagle on it that looks very similiar to the busa's bird.

O.K. Guys/Gals,

They only made two color schemes for the helmets that matched the '02 bikes.  They made a blue/black and a silver/grey helmet.  Why they didn't make an all black SE helmet is beyond me.  That's kind of crazy to me.  To me, it's just simply not worth $500 to get a $300 RF900 (Shoei) and have it painted with all the Suzuki stuff.  Don't get me wrong, the helmet looks great, but I know some guys here who can do the exact same paint scheme for about $100.   I went with the Shoei RF900 blade which is silver/grey/white and it matches my bike perfectly.  I'm looking into purchasing another helmet, and not sure exactly what I want.  I'm getting great reviews from this site about the Arai's, so maybe one is in my future.  I'm also looking at the new Icon's.  They seem to be a fairly good helmets and I have been hearing a little about these also.  If I buy another Shoei, it will be the solid RF900 (Anthracite) and I will have it customized.  Just my .02, but it's sometime worth a million bucks.

Brian

O.K. Guys/Gals,

They only made two color schemes for the helmets that matched the '02 bikes.  They made a blue/black and a silver/grey helmet.  Why they didn't make an all black SE helmet is beyond me.  That's kind of crazy to me.  To me, it's just simply not worth $500 to get a $300 RF900 (Shoei) and have it painted with all the Suzuki stuff.  Don't get me wrong, the helmet looks great, but I know some guys here who can do the exact same paint scheme for about $100.   I went with the Shoei RF900 blade which is silver/grey/white and it matches my bike perfectly.  I'm looking into purchasing another helmet, and not sure exactly what I want.  I'm getting great reviews from this site about the Arai's, so maybe one is in my future.  I'm also looking at the new Icon's.  They seem to be a fairly good helmets and I have been hearing a little about these also.  If I buy another Shoei, it will be the solid RF900 (Anthracite) and I will have it customized.  Just my .02, but it's sometime worth a million bucks.

Brian
BTW, there was a site selling those helmets for $300 last week. I just can't remember which site I saw this on. It wasn't e-bay, but it was somewhere.

Brian

At one time ebay had the helmets on sale, I just bought the 05 Red/Blk because they did not make the 04LE Helmet either, but most sites are not making the older model hayabusa helmets so most of the dealership are selling them cheap on ebay. Got the 05 Red/BLk for $350 at local dealership. It matches perfect.

laugh.gif

My local dealer sold me a black/gray Busa helmet, supposedly matches 06, but I bought it for my 01. for $400 and tax. I am very happy with the Shoei RF1000 based Busa helmet; best helmet I've ever owned, although I've been wearing a SHOEI since the ZG-1 (1970's).  They don't sell an an XS though and we had to get my wife a plain jane Black RF1000.

Just ordered the HJC AC-12 Carbon Fiber, have to see how it turns out.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Read a lot of good things about it, I'm pretty jazzed. First new helmet in awhile.
tounge.gif

Oh, and this thread is three years old.
muscle.gif

AC-12.jpg

biggrin.gif

I know this is an after thought, but the pads in the Shoei RF 1000 can be purchased and changed out, in other words a size Medium Shell can be a XS, Small or Medium, just by changing the pads, next time she can have the helmet with Graphics to match. The Shoei web site sells all the replacement pads and components direct.

Back