SUZUKI GSX-R Dirt Bike

No, I don't think I've ever ridden a Husqvarna anything(other than a lawn mower, lol).
Most any of thier dual-sports, and the Ktm's are stupid expensive too. Even my friend's '19 Honda crf450 was somewhere around $10,500.
I can deal with the weight as long as the power is there. Whenever I get on a gsxr1k, or any 1k, they feel like they're gonna fly away.
I get what you're saying about weight for sandy, swampy areas too, but any of that where I live is easily avoidable. Things do get muddy here(especially with above average rainfall in recent years), but most of the ground off road is hard packed and rocky.
I've ridden XR650's and other big dual sports as well, and with low hp and high center of gravity, they feel heavier than a 1k to me.
And as I've mentioned before, a friend of mine has an 09 gsxr1k with dirtbike bars, and has to be my favorite of all the many different sportbikes I've owned and ridden over the years. Riding that, and seeing that a dirt fork swap gives great ground clearance, along with the fact that I could do this for the price of a good used stock dual-sport, has convinced me that this IS just what I need(and still a good street 1k too).
I was ready to go buy an Aprilia ds a couple weeks ago for $2k, but it had just sold.
I can get a running beater 1k for around that price, and go from there.
Rode a Husqvarna 600 something and it was the dumbest expensive thing to by. It was touchy to get the front wheel up even a few feet in the air. Mind you not mine, again expensive & the power was not really there for such big cc. Maybe acceptable if you changed some sprockets but it was never going to be fun & the dumb part it had a gas tank the size of a football; really like 1.5 or 1.75 gallons. The furthest a tank would take you was about 70 miles. The person had to fill up on the way to my house as he was not sure he would make it the last 15 miles. I thanked the family member for the ride & said it was nice but neither of us was thrilled with it and he sold it a few months later.

You know where I live, so I’m not worried about horsepower or lack of it, is the weight that I’m worried about. I’m thinking about dirt riding down here through this sugar sand on a bike even heavier than a dr650. Have you tried these husky 700 or whatever is called? Those things are supposed to be awesome.
How about an extended swing arm like for hill climbing comps with HP/TQ sand paddle tire a monster made just for the sand & dunes that would throw crazy roost while cracking a 6 foot high wheel stand?Better ?

Back