Suzuki Extended Plan (SEP)- Warranty

KROOZER

Donating Member
Registered
My original warranty expires July 28. Only have 700miles on my '06. I've been searching ebay looking for good prices on SEP for ANY bikes or OVER 900cc from dealers with good feedback. I found 36 months (1yr standard+24 months) for $297 and 60 months (1yr standard+48 months) for $422. Do U feel I should get it? If so, which do U recommend I get? Honestly, I dont feel like spending the cash. Thanks

PS: reason for low mileage, bike in living room. Doing small (addicting) mods that I learn from U horrible members!

How long are you going to keep the Bike
rock.gif
? That would tell me which one to buy
beerchug.gif

Im the type of guy who hold on to their stuff as long it treats me good. Put it this way, my 06 replaced my 96 ZX11.

700 miles on a one year old bike
SHOCKED.gif
You don't need a warranty, you need to go ride it before we come and take it away for abuse!

I'm cynical...I believe that whatever I buy, if it breaks, I'm going to pay to fix it anyway...I think if I'd gotten the SEP, my local dealer would have made my life hell if I ever tried to file a claim...I'd rather just take care of what I've got and hope it works out for the best...had my Busa for 4 years, 18,000 miles and have no regrets...

I have "06 and only thing I have had go wrong is the fan temp sensor. From what most say around here the warranty is a waste of $$.

I know the Busa is almost bullet proof. What worries me is the 2nd gear problem that a few members had. The way I look at it, if it does happen, it would cost about $1000 to fix (correct me if Im wrong). I paid $9600 for the bike. Thats below retail. So I would still be ahead of the game. If I bought the $422 plan, I feel like I paid partially for the job, assuming Suzuki dont give me a hard time.

i have never had to take my bike in for anything treat it good as it will do the same to u

Well, judging from what I've seen in complaints about that 2nd gear issue, it's not being addressed by Suzuki, is it? So, sounds like the warranty wouldn't matter with regards to that anyway...

If you want peace of mind and trust that you won't have problems filing a claim, go for it...there are plenty here that buy the extended warranties...

I was told by the dealer where I bought mine that it's not worth it because it's almost impossible to get Suzuki to cover drivetrain issues. I think they tend to blame most of those problems on the rider, poor maintenance, etc.

I will add my name to the list of people who don't necessarily trust that the additional coverage will be honored if a problem arises. No offense against the SEP, or my dealer, but you know how any type of insurance claim can be problematic.

Members have posted SEP claim success stories in the past. Others have had complaints. I didn't go with the SEP on my 06LE. If you are planning lots of mod's to the bike (and can work on it yourself) then you might want to consider using the SEP cash towards one of those mod's.

Whatever you decide, good luck. If you do go with it, keep us up to date if you have the need to file a claim.

The way the thread is going, it looks like Im using the money to pay my car ins next month. Thank U all. I'll keep reading this thread.

(KROOZER @ Jul. 13 2007,07:57) The way the thread is going, it looks like Im using the money to pay my car ins next month. Thank U all. I'll keep reading this thread.

Wise move ... save your money on your future mods !
The Busa is almost bullet proof
guns.gif

I actually bought the extended warranty when I bought my bike new in 04 and now I wish I had just kept my money for after market parts . I've never had an issue . Change the oil and oil filter regularly , clean the air filter and chain , add some gas additive every few tanks of gas and make sure all nuts and bolts stay tight . Ride

I bought it ,about 400 then, in 99 when no one knew how well the Busa would stay togeather. The years and miles added up, and lo and behold 3 wks before the warantee ran out the starter clutch took a dump. They paid, thats the only problem I had in 8 yrs. Other than the stator coming unglued @ 675 miles that is. No lock tite is what they told me. I like the added ins.

Back