Suzuki C50

busabutter

Registered
Been looking at cruisers. I thought I was done with them but a friend recently took out his V-Star that just sits in his garage. I wish I had gotten a windshield for mine. Very functional but looks.........

I got rid of my V-Star but was looking at low priced bang for the buck cruiser. The Suzuki C50. This thing is a 800cc with a fuel gauge, fuel injected, no carbs yeah. I hate carburated stuff.

Anyways after riding around on a long ride I forgot just how comfortable they are. And I gotta admit like riding without a helmet. I can actually see with the windshield it does not water the eyes.

Does anyone know anything about this bike? Is it slow, should I fork over the doe and by bigger like a C109 or M109. I kinda like the look of the new C109 Very Beefy.
race.gif

Yes they are fairly slow. Slightly faster than a Harley Sportster If I were you, I would check out the New Kawasaki 900. It has nice power, it feels like a much bigger bike than it really is when travelling down the highway, it has a belt drive and very smooth shifting transmission. It would be a mutch better bike. My best friend rides an M-50 and the power is just not there. Any of the V-stars (1100 or the new 1300) would leave it in the dust. The shaft drive on the 50 has a fair amount of the trailer hitch effect to it. I would take the belt drive Kawaskai or Yammi any day of the week.

You should always wear a helmet no matter
what your riding...... Hate to preach to you
but riding without proper gear is just plain
STUPID!!!!!!!

I bought a M109R about two months ago. It's awesome, and there are a ton of aftermarket parts for it. Comfortable as all hell, looks custom with that big back tire, and looks just straight mean with the stuff that I put on it. Really cool bike, and has enough power to keep you interested. Not a busa by any means, but a great bike to have. If you can have a 2nd bike I would reccomend it. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions.
beerchug.gif

Looks like a fat boy...runs like a Zuk

If it was out and I could swing the funds...it'd be in my garage TONIGHT
muscle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother-in-law has a c50. He reegrets not going with the c90. The c50 is just anemic. No real punch. Although with the eminent arrival of the c109 I think I'd go with that one.

If you aren't lookin for all that rip! Its a great chug about and well worth the $$ Belts will eat you wallet in no time! hop on the busa if you want to rip!
SHOCKED.gif
lurk.gif

I can speak from a little firsthand knowledge. I have a ladyfriend that owns one. I believe its a 2002, before they called it a C50. I think that designates the FI but I'm not sure. Hers is called a Volusia Intruder (no C50 on the sideplate) but I have seen the C50 and it looks identical. The same exterior parts etc. Her's is a full dresser. She rides in our group and lives fairly close to me and I have gotten to know the bike pretty well. It is very reliable. It isn't fast, but it is definitely a good shorthaul bike that you can put lots of stuff in if its dressed out. She has had zero troubles with it except for a speedo sensor that quit for a hundred miles or so and then started working again and has been ever since.

Recently the group did a 4 hour run all on fairly open roads in the Fla heat which was rated at 104 heat index that day. The air here is thick and humid in our summers. We rode at a pretty consistent 80 on the interstate. At about hour 3 she pulled over signaling distress. I doubled back and she said she had an overtemp light come on and than when she was letting off and pulling over it went out. We checked it all out and found things seemed to be in order as far as fan etc working. Started it up and it did not return. She was a bit worried about it so I took the bike for the next hour from there. I surmised that the heat and the sustained speed was simply too much for the bikes cooling system. 80 is about all it has for speed and that is working it at the higher end of what it is made for and the cooling simply wasn't up to the task.

I rode it for about 2 hours from there. Never went over 75. Never showed OT again. The transmission is clunky but solid. It goes in gear you just have to tell it to with your toe. I would certainly recommend the bike for a low end cruiser for around town and short hauls. It doesn't have the torque of the bigger cubes, but if you don't flog it, it runs all day and night without complaints. I have ridden it a few times since. Never a problem and I must admit it is pretty comfortable to ride. She is looking to step up to something bigger however because she wants to be able to go cross country on the loing haul and not have worries, and she likes to keep up with bigger bikes...LOL. She rode my cruiser (a V-4 Magna) in that ride when we swapped bikes and she LOVES the extra power.

I have driven it around town and over to Orlando with her on the back and have zero issues with the bike. It ain't ever going to be a 109 or a V-4 like mine but it is a pretty bulletproof little workhorse.

The C50 comes in larger displacemets. Identical bikes just bigger cubes. I think it is a C90. I don't know if there is a C75 or not. I think these are good value bikes.

I recently was at my mechanics shop. There was a brand new C50 with like 200 miles on it that had been sitting a year under cover. I asked Paul the owner of the shop what was up. Well an older gentleman had bought it and dropped it in his driveway and broke a mirror and a turn signal off and got scared of it. He kept it for a year and decided to sell it. I asked Paul how much he wanted as is (dirty from sitting and like $200 damage). Paul called him and said he would take 4200. I seriously thought about it at that price. But I already have a cruiser so I didn't pursue it. It was like new.

Chrome is kinda cheap, but its a buget cruiser, keep it in the garage and clean no problem. Buy a used one with non spoked wheels! Spokes suck to keep lookin like other than an old murry lawn mower in back of the shed
crazy.gif

SuzukiCyckes Link Broken

(smonroe86 @ Jul. 18 2007,02:25) i knew someone was going to be the gear nazi when i read the no helmet part
iamwithstupid.gif

Ya I'll take that, maybe I deserve it. But way too many people loose their lives because they want to be cool and ride without a helmet. You know what people, being responsable and wearing a helmet is cool. Just ask your sons, daughters, parents and anyone that would be affected if you God forbid had a accident and lost your life............

rant.gif

I hear you about the comfort of a cruiser.  I've got the best of both worlds (109 and Busa - see below)  My suggestion to you would be the M109....I think better looking than the C.  I've been riding cruisers all my life (many brands/models), but last year bought the M109  
bowdown.gif
 .  IMHO, it is the best cruiser I've ever owned, and for a cruiser, well it hauls a$$  
super.gif
.  There are definately plenty of aftermarket parts.  If you want, check out the following site:

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php

The site also has a for sale board if you want to consider a used one.

A few pics of mine:

109Slant.jpg

109Rear.jpg

Pairsidebyside.jpg

Back