Suzuki Alstare parts value?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Need some opinions please, a buddy is about to paint his 03 Alstare Gsxr600, the fancy, sorta limited edition one. :laugh:
Anyway, the tank is in great shape but the rest is of the body is beat. I've found painters tanks on eBay for $100ish and a new old stock black and silver tank for $300. Any idea on the value of the Alstare tank in mint condition? New is $700ish. Is it worth it to sell and buy another tank?
I can't find an Alstare tank used, so I'm hoping that helps the value.

ForumRunner_20130325_165223.png

ForumRunner_20130325_165223.png

I had one of these exact bikes until it was totaled due to some one pulling out in front of me. The tank on it had some minor damage to the clear coat only when I bought it, so I was always in the market for a new one. I bought one for $150 shipped in mint condition, then turned around and sold it for $85 shipped because of the crash. Both of these transactions were through Ebay. I had typically seen them go for $200-$250 when they were listed, but not much higher than that. This was in 2010.

Thanks for the bad news. :laugh: I thought they'd have a lil more than average value. Oh well, it may go under some paint after all

I think it is the fact that the color scheme is pretty rare and only getting more so because of the bikes being taken off the road for one reason or another. There just really is no demand for them which in turn leads to low resell values.

Back