Suzuki 2008 review......

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
July 3, 2007 - David Bradford
Well, there's 40 minutes to go, to give a fast low-down on five new models just unveiled by Suzuki, before I'm forced to check out of this swanky Rome hotel. Suzuki assembled the European press – plus company figureheads including Max Biaggi – in Italy to wheel out its new bikes, with banging music and disco lights just to add to the drama.
There's no mistaking the two most significant new bikes – the B-King and the overhauled Hayabusa.
OK, so this isn't the first glimpse of the B-King but it is the definitely-final version. And, in the flesh, it looks absolutely huge, with a massively wide frontal area, giving it an almost frightening stature. According to former BSB superbike champion John Reynolds, who helped develop the bike, it is set up for sporty handling and will “surprise a few peopleâ€￾.

The Hayabusa has revised styling (although it's not radically different, and still undeniably ugly) and new engine internals and 1340cc capacity. Fuelling has also been tweaked and there's a brand-new exhaust system. Like the GSX-R1000, the new 'Busa features Suzuki's 'Drive Selection Mode' toggle-switch to turn your Blackbird killer into a lardy bus. It'll be available in the UK in the autumn.

Suzuki also yanked the drapes off the new GSX650F, Intruder 1800 and 'Sixteen' 125 and 150cc scooters. So, unless you like big fat (phat?) bikes, there's not much to get that excited about. Mind you, you don't see how ugly the Hayabusa is when you are approaching warp speeds and the new Busa will be faster than the old one, so we mustn't grumble.

rock.gif

Busa_2008.jpg

Ugly?!?!?!?! I think he needs to have a word with Lefty, Mugsy, and Knuckles.
bluegrab.gif

Its funny to me when people refer to the Busa as "ugly". The bike was built to go fast, not to be pretty. Its a matter of function over form. The 14 might be quicker but its aeros fall short of that of the ZX-10, the Zook 1000, and of course the Hayabusa. In other words ... its ugly for no reason at all!

Yet still, as "ugly" as the Busa is, it is still THE most customized production motorcycle out there. Its the only bike I know of that can win 1st place at bike shows and  
kickass.gif
at the drag strip. The 12 can't do it, the blackbird can't do it, and not even the 14 can do it.

The people at Superbike mag should really stop accepting applications from members of Kawasaki.org.
zzwhip.gif

Ugly? I don't think so!

Dropped2.JPG

(delboy @ Jul. 03 2007,13:07) July 3, 2007 - David Bradford
.... "The Hayabusa has revised styling (although it's not radically different, and still undeniably ugly) ...
Thanks, but no thanks for the review....

P.

rock.gif

Every time you let a Brit judge an American, they show jealousy...
biggrin.gif

Simon Cowellitis...

(Shibumi @ Jul. 03 2007,16:49) Every time you let a Brit judge an American, they show jealousy...  
biggrin.gif

Simon Cowellitis...
You are EXACTLY right. They know damn well who the bus driver is!

(rockadaous @ Jul. 03 2007,06:17) still undeniably ugly
rant.gif
STILL wtf
You maybe don't remember the cover of 'Bike' magazine IN 1999 where it called the then NEW HAYABUSA "FUGLY"!

The Brits have NEVER gotten by the Hayabusa's face or lack thereof!
smile.gif

(Postal @ Jul. 03 2007,07:00)
(delboy @ Jul. 03 2007,13:07) July 3, 2007 - David Bradford
.... "The Hayabusa has revised styling (although it's not radically different, and still undeniably ugly) ...
Thanks, but no thanks for the review....

P.

rock.gif
There's all kinds of things to say and then there is that trying to be diplomatic thing,BUT you know what?
Oh just **** Off David Bradford!
argue.gif

What a moron, must be a Kawi lover...

rock.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
(Shibumi @ Jul. 03 2007,15:49)Every time you let a Brit judge an American, they show jealousy...
biggrin.gif

Simon Cowellitis...
iamwithstupid.gif

I'm unwilling to hold "brits" accountable for the opinion of one of they're media mush heads....any more than I'd be ok with Katie Couric speaking for all of us
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so heres my question does anyone know if the frame is still the same can I take 08 body panels and possibly the sub frame off a B king and mount the whole thing on my o6 fro my busa fighter

busafighter.JPG

(johnnightlife @ Jul. 04 2007,00:53) ok so heres my question does anyone know if the frame is still the same can I take 08 body panels and possibly the sub frame off a B king and mount the whole thing on my o6 fro my busa fighter
I think your Busa needs an alignment.
all_coholic.gif

(johnnightlife @ Jul. 03 2007,23:53) ok so heres my question does anyone know if the frame is still the same can I take 08 body panels and possibly the sub frame off a B king and mount the whole thing on my o6 fro my busa fighter
How about mount the sub frame and tail off the B-King to the 08 Busa
super.gif

Well, I'm amazed that people on this site state there busa is ugly. But, I get complements on my 2002 busa all the time. The most common is beautiful. And it's a silver and gray scheme w/ yoshi pipes.
beerchug.gif

Back