Suzuki 16,000 mile service - valve adjustment

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Has anyone had the 16,000 mile valve adjustment yet?

Any reported valve cover gasket snafu's?

What have dealers charged?

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 11 October 1999).]

I'm afraid to ask, How much is it going to cost ? Since they want $ 169 for a 600 mile
which I thought was little more than an oil
and filter change

Hi,

jim p I couldn't agree more ... I always do my own work and always overdo ... especially if you really 'ride' your bike. Since I have come to the US and left all my tools etc in Aus I have been forced to use the dealer and when I got the 600 mile service I just asked if they could 'check' the valves since from experience my new TL had wrong clearances set from factory.

Anyway an undisclosed dealer in LongBeach quoted me $300 JUST FOR THE VALVE CHECK!!!!!!!

I will not type what I said back.

Also ... the first service is usually pretty important and we always check all the major bolts etc and especially the Head Nuts Torque ... all these guys did lterally was change the oil and filter! Anyone can do that but for the sake of warranty I had to pay these guys.

Aussie Abroad

Aussie , if i asked the dealer to do a leak down they would say what is that! Really i don't think they know the difference between a leak down and compression test.

Kaw i never wait to the recommended valve check, no matter what bike. At 2500 miles i do a leak down and check the valves.

Back