Suspension woe's ?

maristuff

Registered
I have about 4000 miles on my bike and as my technique in the curves and twisties improves (going faster and harder) I am getting the feeling that the front of the bike wants to take off and fly away. Difficulty maintaining my desired trajectory.  The more throttle I give it wider I run.   Aparently this phenominon is referred to as Squat and Push.
Has anyone had this happen and if so how did you fix it?
Thanks
Big M
Foot note: sorry, I posted this in the wrong category.

I've been playing with the techniques in Keith Codes' book Twist Of The Wrist II. After reading the book and applying his techniques I can tell a big difference in how it corners. I find that if I roll off the gas or gas it too hard in the corners I run wide, just as the book says I will. If I get the weight transfer right, or close to what he teaches she feels like she's on rails and stays on whatever line I put 'er on. I'm still learning how to properly select a line for the different types of corners, but the bike is super stable and smooth when I get my throttle control right.

Check out the book and see if the techniques don't help you, too.

Thanks Bullet Train. I have heard good things about Twist of the Wrist and I will surely get itbut did you have that same problem about loss of sensibility and the impression of lightness. That point about a steady throttle is well taken. Based on my sensation I feel that the throttle has much more response than my previous bikes. Perhaps its because there is so much torque at low RPM's. Then its just a case of practice.Thanks for the tip.
Big M

Thanks Bullet Train. I have heard good things about Twist of the Wrist and I will surely get itbut did you have that same problem about loss of sensibility and the impression of lightness. That point about a steady throttle is well taken. Based on my sensation I feel that the throttle has much more response than my previous bikes. Perhaps its because there is so much torque at low RPM's. Then its just a case of practice.Thanks for the tip.
Big M
No, I had the opposite problem. I had the tendency to roll off the throttle in the sharper corners and overload the front while unweighting the rear. Wasn't runnin' real wide, just wider than I intended. It didn't feel stable and sure footed like it does when I get the roll on right according to Codes' technique. ;)

If you're anything like me, you'll find that you're workin' against the bike more often than not. I thought I was doin' pretty good until I read that book. Seems everytime I think I'm gettin' somewhere I learn sumthin' new that shows me I still don't know jack shiot about serious ridin'. The positive thing is that I am learnin' things that work for me. So, I ain't a lost cause just yet. ;)

I think you'll appreciate some of the techniques in TOTW. They really do work when you get it right. :cool:

Back