Suspension settings, front/rear...

Suspension settings, front/rear... - How did u set up your busa?

• 1" down in front/ stock rear height

Votes: 51 98.1%
  • 1" down in front/ 1" up rear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.5" down front/ stock rear height

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 1.5" down front/ 1" up rear

• 1.75" down front/ stock rear height

• 1.75" down front/ 1" up rear

• 2" down front/ stock rear height

• 2" down front/ 1" Down rear

• 2" down front/ 2" Down rear

• I dropped it into the weeds

• Total voters
man, Im 6'7"...im NEVER that close to the ground...at least not all of me...takes a full minute for all of me to fall over n hit the ground from standing-er,  stumbling straight-ish up
tounge.gif
Tall people suck
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

any opinions on dropping bike front/rear 1" ? does this make handling suck ba11s, or can I still turn corners without fallin off?  
rock.gif
I've been looking into this myself.  I was going to go with the soupy adjustable links for the rear or the ones from spencercycle.com they are the same.  I am torn between a new triple tree or using the pingle spacers.  If you do the triple tree and the soupy links the bike will be adjustable front and rear so you can slam it on track days and lift it back up on twisty days.

triple I was looking at

rear lowering

I really like the idea of being able to go back to stock but I can't decide if I'd like a more comfortable rider position with the risers.

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156271964 -->

boo! run avay, you Tiny mahn! or Ah vill crauushh you vith mah mity arms ahnd mah huge fists!

here's some perspective for ya fellas- both those guys standin next to me (Im on the left) are over 6'. The young black guy is 6'2".... whatta buncha itsy-bitsies!!!
biggrin.gif

DSC00551.JPG

boo! run avay, you Tiny mahn! or Ah vill crauushh you vith mah mity arms ahnd mah huge fists!

here's some perspective for ya fellas- both those guys standin next to me (Im on the left) are over 6'. The young black guy is 6'2".... whatta buncha itsy-bitsies!!!  
biggrin.gif
I'll take out your knee caps you bastid. Go ride your pocket bike and leave the altitude deficiency people alone.

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156272218 -->

hmmmmm...well the weddin is over, so now I can spend a lil-think im guna look at a new triple cover to drop the front 1", and get some adjustable rear links to bring up the rear 1" for street riding.

anybody think adding a set of 6" extensions onto this setup will srew me up? I wanna stretchit out something fierce-the full 6", cuz Im a straight-line addict. I dont have many good twisties to hit here in Milw, and when I do I just cruise through'em anyway-knee draggin for me is just me taking my leg a few inches off the tank, with my 36" inseam they get close before I get any real lean goin...
sad.gif

Sorry, didn't intend to jack your thread!

If you're gonna stretch it you should DEFINITELY drop it first.

I left mine stock. I don't race at the drags so I don't see the need to lower the front other than just for looks. Changing the ride height unevenly front to rear changes the head angle which changes the steering. A steeper angle makes the bike turn in easier but is less stable at high speeds and a slacker head angle will not turn in as quick or easy but will be more stable at speed. I don't want to compromise either so I leave it stock. I may do a track day soon so lowering would raise clearance issues. If you doing it for looks I would lower it the same front and rear and keep the handling the same.

i`m down 1 inch frt 1 inch rear and think it`s perfect for street riding and twisties/straight line. i`m a big guy too(not as big as you) 6-2 250 soupys has that kit to raise the tree/lower the forks 1 inch for about $15 .

draft_day_party_016.jpg

Hi! My first post! Long time street rider, owner of 06 Busa. My opinion on the subject is this, the people who engineered the bike weren't stupid. Changing the geometery of the suspension transforms you from a operator to a test pilot. Proceed at your own risk.

Back