Suspension Set-up

BadWeather

Registered
So has anyone put together a table of settings for different rider weights just to get everything close for final tuning and rider preference. I'm assuming Suzuki has this baby set for a 150 pound 5 foot guy which I am not. Other bikes I have owned came with a table that you could use toget everything semi close based on your weight then with just a few tweaks here and there yo had it. Help!

Yea, I could use the same info. I really don't understand how it should be set-up!

If search was working I would suggest JINKSTERS thread on suspension set up, I think it might work for the gen2, I used it to set up my 2007 BUSA and it helped out alot !
thumb_up.gif

factory setting is supposedly for a 160# rider...so yes, us 240# fellas need to adjust our suspension. I have cranked down my front...need to do the back.
Some say puiting gixxer 1000 springs in the front forks are the way to go.

When search gets back up search out suspension.
beerchug.gif

How you set-up your suspension is completely dependent on how you ride.

Commuting
touring
1/4 mile
twisty/canyons
trackdays

and combinations of them.

There is no one set-up based on weight.

how much difference between say the "twistie canyon" and "track day" setups? I tweaked and adjusted till blue in the face and really did not get very far (6'2 and 240) until Gixerhp did the fronts.. now it seems that the front end no longer caves in and now I can start tuning it.. (amazing what a few bucks can do)

how much difference between say the "twistie canyon" and "track day" setups? I tweaked and adjusted till blue in the face and really did not get very far (6'2 and 240) until Gixerhp did the fronts.. now it seems that the front end no longer caves in and now I can start tuning it.. (amazing what a few bucks can do)
If I had to pick one word, it would be that trackday set-ups are stiffer than canyon set-ups.

Both of my bikes, which are set-up for trackdays, are horrible on bumpy canyon roads, ie freeways. And I have to take freeways to get to the canyons.

Corner speeds at trackdays are much faster than in the canyons. I almost never drag knee in the canyons, while I constantly drag knee on the track. So you need more ground clearance for trackdays than canyons and a different suspension set-up.

At trackdays you are either WOT, cornering, or using 100% heavy braking.

At the canyons I am almost never WOT or using 100% heavy braking. There are speed limits that keep me from being WOT and the blind corners keep me from late braking.

Charles is a wise one!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT use the jinkster set up for your new busa. Your new busa has an entirely different suspension. Nothing like the old gen. busa.

I'd start with setting the sag you your preference. That's a three man operation and easy to do. Like Charles says, dependant on your type of riding and what you want your busa to do? There is a great deal of difference between the track day inthusiast and the commuter. I suggest you pick a point in between.

I'd also suggest if you have no experience at suspension, take your busa to any track day event and you'll most likely find a genuine suspension expert who will set your suspension for your taste (Base Line). The cost is usually around forty bucks. Will be the best forty bucks you will spend all year
beerchug.gif

I have not tinkered with my suspension yet as I've only had her out for a hundred miles on a really crappy day. So I have no idea what the suspension needs for my taste yet. I do understand Suzuki adapted the suspension of the 07 GIXXER1K to the busa. If that is the case, she has a huge improvement over the old busa? Maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in?

Thought we are on to something with the Jinkster thread but that is a NOT to do. I really thought with all folks in this org this question would be an easy one to at least get the bike close.

Back