Suspension set up

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I was at a track day recently here in Nor Cal. I rode over to Thunder Hill to watch some of my buddies and take some pics ...

There was a suspension expert there and for $20 he would set the sag ... He did an R1 right before my busa and he could easily acess the rear settings on that bike,and was done in like 3 minutes, then I rolled the beast up to his chock/stand and he goes oh wow! Well he thought I was doin the track and he fittled with busa for about 15 minutes having me get on & off a few times and making lots of adjustments ... the he says allright give that a couple laps and come back and tell me what u think ... funny little italian guy from the bay area.

Friends, I am here to tel tell ya ... what a freakin difference!!! The bike is so well planted now in the turns it was like better than a new set of tires. This was well worth way more than the price, I woulda paid $200 or more for the diff it makes. After I had the fork seals done I had the shop guy do it here in town and he is good at a lot of stuff but I thought the setting was kinda off but didnt know why. Well that same shop tells me at track day, " go see that guy over there he's pretty good. "

Bottom line : Get your suspension set by a pro. A real pro!

... now if I could only afford Ohlins ...
smile.gif

IT definately makes a difference!!
biggrin.gif

I also found out last weekend what an adjustable ohlins steering damper does for cornering! WOW!!!! If I had know what a difference an adjustable damper makes, I'd bought one a long time ago!!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I was at a track day recently here in Nor Cal. I rode over to Thunder Hill to watch some of my buddies and take some pics ...  

There was a suspension expert there and for $20 he would set the sag ...  He did an R1 right before my busa and he could easily acess the rear settings on that bike,and was done in like 3 minutes,  then I rolled the beast up to his chock/stand and he goes oh wow! Well he thought I was doin the track and he fittled with busa for about 15 minutes having me get on & off a few times and making lots of adjustments ... the he says allright give that a couple laps and come back and tell me what u think ... funny little italian guy from the bay area.

Friends,   I am here to tel tell ya ...  what a freakin difference!!!  The bike is so well planted now in the turns it was like better than a new set of tires. This was well worth way more than the price, I woulda paid $200 or more for the diff it makes. After I had the fork seals done I had the shop guy do it here in town and he is good at a lot of stuff but I thought the setting was kinda off but didnt know why. Well that same shop tells me at track day, " go see that guy over there he's pretty good. "

Bottom line :  Get your suspension set by a pro. A real pro!

... now if I could only afford Ohlins ...  
smile.gif
Well where did he have your F/R suspensions set at?

Back