Suspension advice

Dark3

Registered
After lowering a bike 3/4" above in the front and middle hole in the rear i used 8inch extrnsion blocks and notice a bit more wrist pressure. With the +8 the 2inch hole on the dog bones isnt probly worth the whole two iches i would imagine. The 3/4 above in the front is lower than i pictured. A part of me sais "just put it back to SWB and keep it lowered. Another voice sais put it ALL back to stock but another side of me loves the look and straight line performance. Not sure what to do. If I raise the front back ip the top clamp might look like Shat. The extension blocks are of the best quality IMo (ftd/atc) but concerned at high speeds and sick of mud slinging up on the bike. Sorry to ramble, anybody have any advice for me? I would really apreciate it.
a1055d173399c3a4327ddc0d391ff11b.jpg

Its a give take thing , do you want to run at the track , do high speed runs ? the way it sits is for that , if you want it to turn in fast and keep up with most sport bikes , Stock is the way to go . My gen 1 sits about 3/4 inch lower then stock and is 4 out in the rear , bike is great for high speed runs but sucks on high speed turns and is ok in the twisties , Every time I take it to the track it gets lowered , Yes its a pain in the ass but you cant have it both ways

Its a give take thing , do you want to run at the track , do high speed runs ? the way it sits is for that , if you want it to turn in fast and keep up with most sport bikes , Stock is the way to go . My gen 1 sits about 3/4 inch lower then stock and is 4 out in the rear , bike is great for high speed runs but sucks on high speed turns and is ok in the twisties , Every time I take it to the track it gets lowered , Yes its a pain in the ass but you cant have it both ways

Thanks for the reply. Do you have extensions, modded, or aftermarket swingarm? Do you feel good about running high speeds on extensions? Kinda suprised that at +8 it still turns at all lol but it doesnt feel terrible just doesnt hold a line very well and tends to be harder to keep the bike running true without a slight wobble in turns as the longer wheelbase seems to be less stable when leaning. Straight line feels amazing with most of the loading gone, it just takes off like a rocket.

I have extensions and I'm running 230hp stage 1 turbo. No problems so far, saving up for a arm now. Had it up to 180mph with no problems

Trac arm . Use the 2 to 4 for street with some 1/4 mile . Super stable , and still able to hit a few turns . you could also split the front by using a 60 series front tire = 5mm drop up front combined with 7mm fork tube raise netting 12 mm total drop ( about .5" ) bolt on extensions flex great for looks but not the best choice over all .

Suz Swingarms (Bare Finish) | TRAC DYNAMICS

Trac arm . Use the 2 to 4 for street with some 1/4 mile . Super stable , and still able to hit a few turns . you could also split the front by using a 60 series front tire = 5mm drop up front combined with 7mm fork tube raise netting 12 mm total drop ( about .5" ) bolt on extensions flex great for looks but not the best choice over all .

Suz Swingarms (Bare Finish) | TRAC DYNAMICS

That is a nice arm. Do you have that bare finish? Whats that like, does it polish up well and stay looking good? Thats a tax time type purchase lol.

the bike looks badass like that! I wud NOT return it back to stock. if u want a cornering bike then buy a liter bike. these bikes were built to go fast straight. man I love that color. was I had modified one of them.... too late now lol.

I wudnt trust them extensions tho. plenty have had no issues but others have. too risky imo. buy an adjustable arm 3-6 inches.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have extensions, modded, or aftermarket swingarm? Do you feel good about running high speeds on extensions? Kinda suprised that at +8 it still turns at all lol but it doesnt feel terrible just doesnt hold a line very well and tends to be harder to keep the bike running true without a slight wobble in turns as the longer wheelbase seems to be less stable when leaning. Straight line feels amazing with most of the loading gone, it just takes off like a rocket.
I run a Mac arm 0 to 6 over and keep it at 4 out, Penske rear shock and bigger springs in forks , Bike will do 184 if speedo healer is right and be rock steady , Gen 1 1441

the bike looks badass like that! I wud NOT return it back to stock. if u want a cornering bike then buy a liter bike. these bikes were built to go fast straight. man I love that color. was I had modified one of them.... too late now lol.

I wudnt trust them extensions tho. plenty have had no issues but others have. too risky imo. buy an adjustable arm 3-6 inches.
appreciate that. I think the next investment will be a +6 arm. Whats up with a modded arm like from thompsons? I still think the front needs to come up to level it out a bit. And the shocks are untouched and im 200+ pounds

im lowered and 9" longer. i have a custom spring made for the rear for my body weight and lenght of bike. i set the sag to spec and it rides like a dream and youd be surprised. i can keep up in the corners just fine with everyone else. just make sure the bike nose is angled down lower then the back to keep it digging into the corners. just get used to it and love the smoothness that the longer bike gives ya

PM me if you have anymore questions

Whats the overall opinions on a modded stock arm like a thompsons welded stock arm. I think 6 or 8 inch arm would be good if I can manage to dial in this suspension sag and height

appreciate that. I think the next investment will be a +6 arm. Whats up with a modded arm like from thompsons? I still think the front needs to come up to level it out a bit. And the shocks are untouched and im 200+ pounds
jus go on psychobike and place a WTB. some1 will hav a long arm for ya. if u want to modify ur stock arm u can send it to Terry Mcintosh and he will extend it. its called the stealth arm. I think it goes back 4-5 inches but maybe u can go longer not sure.

honestly it wud probably be cheaper to be a used adjustable arm like from Evil or Adams. I bought a used Mcintosh arm and had it powder coated and re-stickered and it looks brand new.

jus go on psychobike and place a WTB. some1 will hav a long arm for ya. if u want to modify ur stock arm u can send it to Terry Mcintosh and he will extend it. its called the stealth arm. I think it goes back 4-5 inches but maybe u can go longer not sure.

honestly it wud probably be cheaper to be a used adjustable arm like from Evil or Adams. I bought a used Mcintosh arm and had it powder coated and re-stickered and it looks brand new.

Thats some good advice. Ill probly wait for tax time to roll around to figure out the best financial route. Right now i have a cart built with shnitz with a sport arm underbraced with chainguard powdercoated 10inch over amd a zvx3 chain for 1100.00. Thinking about a street tail +4 or +6. Then its almost time for go fast parts

Nice bike and colour just 1 question where did you get your tank pad not the side ones near the petrol cap ? thanks :thumbsup:

Nice bike and colour just 1 question where did you get your tank pad not the side ones near the petrol cap ? thanks :thumbsup:

Its tech spec snake skin. I believe it the 9x4 inch if memory serves. Perfect fit. They have them alot of places. I believe i seen a board sponsor carries them

Thats some good advice. Ill probly wait for tax time to roll around to figure out the best financial route. Right now i have a cart built with shnitz with a sport arm underbraced with chainguard powdercoated 10inch over amd a zvx3 chain for 1100.00. Thinking about a street tail +4 or +6. Then its almost time for go fast parts
10 inches over is not gonna work for you on the street. all ill do is spin. anything past 6-7 inches on the street without a proper rear shock will just spin violently. the further u go out the further ur weight is from the back tire.

but if u decide to stretch it make sure u buy the extended STREET tail +6 with hump and have it painted to match the rest of ur factory paint job. ull need factory stickers too if u wanna do it right.

nothn imo looks worse then a stretched out busa with a stock seat. just looks retarded. u will see thousands of those at bike week in South Carolina and they just don't look right. I guess they think it looks kool with this stretched out swingarm with a stock seat. it doesn't. its looks stupid!

Back