I gotta leave
mine stock ,
love the curves
too much ! ! !

Thx fella ,
stay safe !

:banana:

Last edited:
I think a Busa does great in the twisties. Definitely not in the "not worth a poop" category. I think a slightly larger, heavier person might have more success, but I'm not sure about that. I've worn my tires to the edge as a lot of members here have, and had a blast doing it.

I think a Busa does great in the twisties. Definitely not in the "not worth a poop" category. I think a slightly larger, heavier person might have more success, but I'm not sure about that. I've worn my tires to the edge as a lot of members here have, and had a blast doing it.
Im no corner Carver but I tell you being bigger like I am the busa feels like a bike should when I lean it, I've only been on a couple 600s since I bought my busa and they just feel strange to me. Although I do have a buddy I just helped get am older cbr 600rr that once he gets plated im taking for a nice spirited ride to see if I can lean any better on it then the busa.

Ah man, sweet ride! Yeah, I could kick myself for letting it go. I dont know, guess at the time we was trying to cut back. Then about 3 or 4 years after selling out I buy a couple of used bikes and now I'm getting another Busa. It's in my blood, been riding since I was a kid. Still feel like one in a lot of ways, even though I'm a old man. 11 states, that is impressive. What have you done to make it more comfortable for your longer rides?

Surprisingly very little. And you’re probably not as old as I am. The stock seat is the only stocker I’ve ever sat on that didn’t bother me. Around 60,000 miles I bought an OEM replacement. I also added Buell pegs but again, after 60,000 miles or so, mostly due to an old crash knee. Added Heli-Bars recently but can’t really tell any difference. I thought they might raise my neck to bar angle but I have 36” sleeves so I also can’t feel the diff. Added a Throttlemeister early on. Very handy for touring. Alas, they’re not made anymore. Added a RoadLok rear rotor lock, also for security at motels on tour, also not made anymore. I don’t ride w/o my Valentine One radar detector on a stem stand with a ten LED light array. Has saved me thousands over the years on everything I drive or ride. Other than that, Michelin PR series rubber, EBC HH brake pads, Schnitz racing Cush rubbers, SS brake lines, Amsoil and proper maintenance, it’s stock with 160whp when I had it on a dyno about ten years ago. Oh, I also made some longer bungee bolts for tying on my seat bag when I remove the hump.

Im no corner Carver but I tell you being bigger like I am the busa feels like a bike should when I lean it, I've only been on a couple 600s since I bought my busa and they just feel strange to me. Although I do have a buddy I just helped get am older cbr 600rr that once he gets plated im taking for a nice spirited ride to see if I can lean any better on it then the busa.
It's all about counter steering and trusting the bike along with your skill level.

Surprisingly very little. And you’re probably not as old as I am. The stock seat is the only stocker I’ve ever sat on that didn’t bother me. Around 60,000 miles I bought an OEM replacement. I also added Buell pegs but again, after 60,000 miles or so, mostly due to an old crash knee. Added Heli-Bars recently but can’t really tell any difference. I thought they might raise my neck to bar angle but I have 36” sleeves so I also can’t feel the diff. Added a Throttlemeister early on. Very handy for touring. Alas, they’re not made anymore. Added a RoadLok rear rotor lock, also for security at motels on tour, also not made anymore. I don’t ride w/o my Valentine One radar detector on a stem stand with a ten LED light array. Has saved me thousands over the years on everything I drive or ride. Other than that, Michelin PR series rubber, EBC HH brake pads, Schnitz racing Cush rubbers, SS brake lines, Amsoil and proper maintenance, it’s stock with 160whp when I had it on a dyno about ten years ago. Oh, I also made some longer bungee bolts for tying on my seat bag when I remove the hump.
Hey, thanks for all the info fella, I'll definitely consider. I thought about doing the bar riser mod and I found a cruise control/throttle lock called Atlas. I'm thinking I'm gonna put on. Has some great reviews, runs around 150 I think, check it out!

Hey, thanks for all the info fella, I'll definitely consider. I thought about doing the bar riser mod and I found a cruise control/throttle lock called Atlas. I'm thinking I'm gonna put on. Has some great reviews, runs around 150 I think, check it out!

This is the only one I’ve heard good reviews about.

Welcome, you will enjoy the Gen 2 Busa I think...

Getting rid of the cats will go a long way to lessen the under-fairing heat and lose a few pounds as well.

As for handling goes, there is a thread here (link below) the rider in the video posts here-pick his brain if you really want to turn your bike into a weapon like he has. The biggest hurtle to doing this sort of thing on the street is you run into sand, gravel, coolant, oil and the like on the street....

Yeah I hear ya, I definitely don't want a track bike on the street. Lol
I will probably just do a few mods, tweak her here and there. I've always been of the opinion that less is more. Thx!

Yeah I hear ya, I definitely don't want a track bike on the street. Lol
I will probably just do a few mods, tweak her here and there. I've always been of the opinion that less is more. Thx!
The bike in the video has lots of high end goodies on it but even a stock Busa with minimal mods and set up properly can handle very well

Back