Survey says?

sman708

Registered
Hey everyone,

I'm back in the Busa game. Had a 06 LE, but sold out few years back. I'm doing the paperwork on a 2015 right now. Should be in possession of bike next week. Anyway, I was reading an article and they gave high praise to the Hayabusa as the ultimate sport bike. However, they did say that it was a one trick pony, meaning not good in the twisties. I know the Busa is larger than your average sport bike, but I have found it to be very agile and I have been able to hang with smaller bikes in the curves. So, for me I disagree that it was made only for the straights. What's y'alls opinion? Hope everyone is well and stay safe.

P.S. My 2015 has Yosh tri oval slipons. Should I remove the Cat and install a power commander? Will it make much of a difference on sound and performance?

Screenshot_20200713-210059_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey sman, good score. Cool color scheme. :thumbsup:
Twisties thing? Age old topic. We are Busa people,so we like them for everything. Beat a Gixxer 600 with skilled rider aboard. Nope. Blah blah blah.
Remove cat,sure why not.
Power Commander,sure,if thats what you want...but they are doing great things with ECU tuning these days.(thats how most of us are rolling I think)
The Yoshi's will sound great,and with a good dyno tune they will net you a couple extra horse.
I think I got all yer questions.
Rubb.

Hey sman, good score. Cool color scheme. :thumbsup:
Twisties thing? Age old topic. We are Busa people,so we like them for everything. Beat a Gixxer 600 with skilled rider aboard. Nope. Blah blah blah.
Remove cat,sure why not.
Power Commander,sure,if thats what you want...but they are doing great things with ECU tuning these days.(thats how most of us are rolling I think)
The Yoshi's will sound great,and with a good dyno tune they will net you a couple extra horse.
I think I got all yer questions.
Rubb.
I need to read up on the ECU tuning?

I need to read up on the ECU tuning?
4 sure Bro. Find a good tuner. Do all yer mods first,then turn it over to an' expert. He may charge 5-6 hundred, but money well spent to get yer ride perfect.
Pick yer exhaust.
Aftermarket air filter (like K&N or whatever) if u want.
Have your valves adjusted properly first,if necessary.
New plugs,etc.
Everything you can think off as far as mods,etc.
Then turn it over to somebody.
I gave up spending money chasing 5-10 horse on a bike most don't ride to full potential anyway. I did that with my first 4 Busa's. I would like to have all that money back. :banghead:
But do what you want. These guys on here are EXTREMELY knowledgable...all things Hayabusa.
Rubb.

4 sure Bro. Find a good tuner. Do all yer mods first,then turn it over to an' expert. He may charge 5-6 hundred, but money well spent to get yer ride perfect.
Pick yer exhaust.
Aftermarket air filter (like K&N or whatever) if u want.
Have your valves adjusted properly first,if necessary.
New plugs,etc.
Everything you can think off as far as mods,etc.
Then turn it over to somebody.
I gave up spending money chasing 5-10 horse on a bike most don't ride to full potential anyway. I did that with my first 4 Busa's. I would like to have all that money back. :banghead:
But do what you want. These guys on here are EXTREMELY knowledgable...all things Hayabusa.
Rubb.
Thx fella, I already see I'm gonna enjoy this forum. Thx for reaching out to a newbie. I'm 52, got a couple street bikes that the wife and me ride, but I miss the sport bike feel, so I'm hoping I enjoy this one as much as I did my 06.

What made you sell the LE? I never see any on the road and there aren’t many (any) around here. Mine has over 67K so far thru eleven states. View attachment 1623022 Still lovin it. Good luck with the new one.
Ah man, sweet ride! Yeah, I could kick myself for letting it go. I dont know, guess at the time we was trying to cut back. Then about 3 or 4 years after selling out I buy a couple of used bikes and now I'm getting another Busa. It's in my blood, been riding since I was a kid. Still feel like one in a lot of ways, even though I'm a old man. 11 states, that is impressive. What have you done to make it more comfortable for your longer rides?

Welcome, you will enjoy the Gen 2 Busa I think...

Getting rid of the cats will go a long way to lessen the under-fairing heat and lose a few pounds as well.

As for handling goes, there is a thread here (link below) the rider in the video posts here-pick his brain if you really want to turn your bike into a weapon like he has. The biggest hurtle to doing this sort of thing on the street is you run into sand, gravel, coolant, oil and the like on the street....

Back