Supra motor but still bike related

busakiller

Registered
I watch this channel a lot and they have interesting stuff. But watching this remind me of Rob. He was talking about doing stuff kinda like this to see the limits of parts and stuff. They built the motor and gave it hell then they did some testing to see how shitty of a tune and gas you can go with causing damage. It might not be the bearings going bad. It might be other things that cause a bearing to become bad. These isn’t just motor stuff. Relates to other stuff too. Just cause a part broken doesn’t mean it was faulty. Gotta look at the bigger picture.

I watch this channel a lot and they have interesting stuff. But watching this remind me of Rob. He was talking about doing stuff kinda like this to see the limits of parts and stuff. They built the motor and gave it hell then they did some testing to see how shitty of a tune and gas you can go with causing damage. It might not be the bearings going bad. It might be other things that cause a bearing to become bad. These isn’t just motor stuff. Relates to other stuff too. Just cause a part broken doesn’t mean it was faulty. Gotta look at the bigger picture.

Pretty informative video! Always cool to see somebody doing an in depth failure mode analasys instead of just replacing the failed parts and putting it back together.

I watched this a few days ago, great video. I’ve had guys come to me with bearings looking like that figuring for sure it was a oiling/bearing clearance issue. But then look at me weird when I say the tune up had too much timing and was spark knocking. Most assume the piston would be broke/melted. That’s more common with fuel knock from too lean of afr.

Back