Support your local Sears?

DAB

Registered
Got this from a military firnd of mine:

I HOPE you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to 60 months. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year? Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department: I received this email and would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just
become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item.

Here is their answer to my email!

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified By Snope.com

Snope.com

and here's the Sears website page:

SearsMedia.com

Good on Sears...just wish there were more locations out there that were close to people.

beerchug.gif
I always buy tools from Sears. I am a craftsman man.

Good for Sears...
Most everything I have as far as tools and outside stuff is from Sears...

David

i am glad to read that they are supporting our troops like this.
good company actions

beerchug.gif
to Sears. Good on them. It's nice to know someone is trying to make a difference.

I'm in there about once a week. It's a shame that Wal-Mart went in across the street and will kill them on underpricing. Sears is actually a really nice store and (at least in tool and hardware) the employees really know what they're talking about. As opposed to so many department stores *cough WallyWorld cough* where you ask "do you carry synthetic motor oil" and the 13 year old running the automotive department asks "what's that?"

Almost every single thing in my garage (cabinets and all) is Sears. I've destroyed many a Craftsman tool and they've all been replaced free of charge and no questions asked, just "here's a new wrench, sir. Have a nice day."

If it weren't for my tool belt I don't think I'd have any non-Craftsman tools. When you're an electrician and you squeeze the same pair of wire dykes all day you learn to appreciate those softy feely handles that Klein uses.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Every tool I own was bought from Sears. I need a new pair of work boots now, so I'm off to sears to give them my business.

craftsman
beerchug.gif
...always buy quality backed with a good warranty and you will be better off in the long run!

super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

Don't give out a five star to often but this is cool! Shop there all the time and will continue to do so.

runeight...

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Sears, I salute you. And although I normally do not shop there, except for tools, I will make every effort to shop there first for whatever I may need.

Thanks for letting us all know about this, DAB.

super.gif

beerchug.gif

makes up for the lousy service and poor stock at the local Sears Hardware store

Love Sears.
Here in Vt they have the catalog stores in at least 7 towns I know of.
I stop and shop there all the time.
I carry craftsman 10 and 12mm in my tool kit as replacements to the Suzukis
My pet peeve is with them selling out there C/C buisness.
I have had a card since 1984 and will never carry a balance on it ever.
27.99 % is the good rate now ?

Back