Supercharged B-king Build

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
So we received a phone call from a local guy a little while back with an "unusual request" as he put it. He wanted us to install a supercharger on his BKing. Well we couldn't say yes fast enough to that one!

As the project is nearing completion, we figured we would post a build thread on this unusual build. From what we could find, they may very well be the only RTS kit equipped bking in the country.

While this was a complete kit straight from England, there were certain aspects of it we did not like. Like for example there's no concrete numbers on the boost and HP the bike will make. And chances are a restriction would of had to of been added on the inlet of the supercharger to limit boost. BUT too much of a restriction and the blower will start sucking oil past the seals.

With the gen 2 motors having such high compression, much over 4psi could cause major engine problems. So we decided to pull the engine, and install a base spacer, pro mod head studs, new valves, springs, and adjustable cam gears. This way we have some forgiveness built in to the tuning process, and we can change the pullies to add boost to get the HP where we want it.

The next thing that struck us as odd, is how the fuel system was instructed to be ran. The kit had a bigger in tank fuel pump to be used, however when it came to regulating the fuel pressure they wanted the stock regulator to be removed and plug the port so the pump would be running around 75-80psi of fuel pressure all the time. Not only is that just the wrong way to go about doing a fuel system, that simply puts too much strain on the pump to be at full pressure all the time. Not to mention the mess it would cause for tuning.

Now space is much more limited on these bikes, but with a little careful planning, an external pump, returning fuel system can be ran with no problems. We're also running a 3 bar map sensor, so we can do boost referenced fueling just like on a turbo gen 2.

So here's what we started with...
9562D4D3-AE07-4B2A-8626-1D5AD1801C9C.jpg

44D780EB-6924-4B1C-A9F5-64AA1E08ACF4.jpg

Going back together with a fresh valve job, and head deck.

EF493615-52A8-4510-8F6B-BE5A32D079D7.jpg

A little bench shimming action.
06532666-4429-49F0-A45F-96B92E3FF141.jpg

After shimming, we installed the base spacer, tourqued the hear with the new promod head studs, and then on to degreeing the cams.

B3244AE2-A4CD-4912-B276-9B12E48DD861.jpg

Back in the frame she goes!
47DAC3B4-773F-4CD6-AD37-4CF603E0EF33.jpg

Now the good stuff. The supercharger itself!

76C69B07-D34F-4AD7-B54C-D3E647CFE6CE.jpg

24CA3287-DF34-42CA-94CE-E994CD4B6EDD.jpg

The owner had some of the parts powdercoated, but I don't think they masked anything off. We had to go back and strip some powder off for proper gasket sealing, and clearances. But otherwise pretty dang cool looking.

F6666A20-2FBC-4951-83CA-27D2D5FC7FD5.jpg

895B0CDF-6795-40E0-9044-D7958611A2F7.jpg

With the bearing support on.

E66BF5BC-0ABB-422F-B0EE-A4515CDA003C.jpg

That's it for right now. The customer is picking up a few parts so he can paint them this weekend, and the swingarm as well to be modified. Once we have that stuff back, the new gaskets will be installed, and fuel system ready we will be ready to start it, and start working on the tune.

I cannot express how excited I am to ride and tune this bike!

It would be great if the photos were not on photobucket, they are blocked on by our firewall. I would love to build a s/c'd gen 2 Busa.

What would the price difference between s/c and turbo be? Also what would be advantages for one over the other?

When it's note on the charger, you might wanna look here: http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Technology/Product_Technical_Data Open and scroll down to dimensions and you'll find out. Would be nice to know what you're dealing with.
I'm curious the radiator will fit in front of the up pipe. I had to cut it and weld it on much more near the engine. Hope you're lucky on this one.

I'll take a look at that.

The up pipe seems to be positioned pretty tight against the engine. But we won't know for sure until I put the header on and bolt on the radiator.

It would be great if the photos were not on photobucket, they are blocked on by our firewall. I would love to build a s/c'd gen 2 Busa.

Sorry, but being I post from a phone, that is the way I have to post pics.

What would the price difference between s/c and turbo be? Also what would be advantages for one over the other?

Well this was a used kit. And after shipping I think he said it was just over $7,000. So a lot more expensive then a turbo kit that will make more power. This guy is more about being different then making power.

Looking at the first picture I couldn't help but wonder why someone would take the time to photoshop a bunch of awful blue onto a B-King... and then I saw the rest of the pictures. It's real!

That supercharged B-King will be a wicked ride, but let's get some black spraybomb going on the rest of the bike please. :p

Looking at the first picture I couldn't help but wonder why someone would take the time to photoshop a bunch of awful blue onto a B-King... and then I saw the rest of the pictures. It's real!

That supercharged B-King will be a wicked ride, but let's get some black spraybomb going on the rest of the bike please. :p

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. This wouldn't be the route I would go if it were mine, but it's not just another murdered out bking. So I give the owner props to that.

cool build , but tell owner the tacky cheap 1340 numbers are so Mexican geto

Lol I was just about to write the same thing!

Fellas, if you don't like parts of the bike, that's fine. It's not yours. Different strokes for different folks.

However, if you're going to tie a racial stereotype to one my clients bikes, who is a person of ethnicity, I will not tolerate that. I DID NOT appreciate the phone call I just got from the owner of this bike after he read these comments before I had a chance to adress this.

Regardless of how the bike looks, looking forward, can we all at least appreciate the fact that this is a rare build and possibly one of the only ones in the states. I think in a mechanical sense we can all agree it's cool, and it will be fun to see what kind of power we can make with this set up.

Well for fudge sakes Dont include me in that. My wife is a Mexican as a matter of fact. I was just referring to them looking super tacky. And if you post pics on a forum seeking approval of an idea you have to accept unbiased opinions. Just personally if I was gonna dump a heap of money to make something look and run better I would start by removing the 1340 plastic chrome letters from the bike. Those are for people to write "dubs" or "24" on those ugly ass trucks with huge wheels

Back