Superbyke POLL: Need opinion on wheel color

isiahstites

Registered
So Raydog and I have been building this bike for the better part of three years now and I know he has posted 20 or more thread saying it's done to which I reply it's never done. And thus is the case now.

We have had many conversations regarding wheel color. To date we are not on the same page for wheel color. To date we have never disagreed about anything on this bike as it has been being built. This marks the first........with that being said we are on the inside looking out and have been knee deep into this thing for a long time.

We are looking for a outside looking in perspective.

One thing that has always been priority one is for the bike to flow and make a statement all on it's own without anything flashy. As I mentioned to Raydog this morning simple is sophisticated. We both agreed it describes the bike well.

With that said pick your poison!

STOCK as she sits now.
Stock_zpsvjcctup5.jpg

INTENSE BLUE
BLUE_zpsvyuieyvu.jpg

LOLIPOP RED
RED_zpswjyqdidz.jpg

BLACK
BLACK_zps3gcgnf95.jpg

GRAY same as the paint
GRAY_zpsalmvmtzx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No bright colors its not a bro bike with a 300 tire n crap .
I say the silver . However black and grey both are nice as well. No red no blue .

The red rims POP but there's not anything else red on the bike so it doesn't flow. I would go with the grey to match the paint of the bike. The black rims get lost on the bike and do a disservice to the nice rims. The grey against the black tires will provide some contrast/separation and give that subtle pop

Grey. I always thought the shiny wheels pulled your eyes away from the lines of the bike. Black also looks good but so many bikes with black wheels.

Stock of Black , If all you want is someone looking at the wheels then anything else will work but ehhh

I really like the look of the Grey...to match the paint.

Stock looked good too.....but there is no other shine on the bike to match. (Which was your point all along, right?)

i like the red as well...the blue kinda smacks of a switch hitter if ya get my drift. Black is always a safe bet too.

if it was my bike, i would go with black but i do like the red as second place :beerchug:

Back