Super Pissed

It's best to use a lot of ratcheting tie down straps.  Don't use the kickstand (or center stand if equiped) at all.  Three straps per side until the suspension is compressed and that bike will still be attached to the floor even if the trailer tips over on its side.
If I had just had this happen to me, this would be the last thing I would want to hear.
sad.gif
 I'm sure he has already run through his mind a hundred times what he could have done to prevent this from happening.
Funny, when my bike tipped over due to the POS kickstand I was actually grateful for the leads I got to the kickstand modification along with all the other tips offered.  I also recall a number of other people commenting on what they learned from those posts before it was too late for them.
Hopefully others will read this thread and it will save someone else the heartache of a tipped over bike.

Ridercoach,
I hope I didn't offend you by offering the advice on the tie downs.

I'm glad to see the front cowl didn't take any damage!

That end weight comes off easily.  Sand it smooth and hit it with gloss black and it'll look like brand new.

Believe it or not you can make the mirror look like new too.  Smooth the scratch with some wet 600 grit sand paper and then give it a spray from a distance with satin black paint.
I put a new mirror on mine and decided to experiment with the old one which looked horrible as it hit gravel.  When I was done I put them side by side and could not tell the difference.

It's best to use a lot of ratcheting tie down straps.  Don't use the kickstand (or center stand if equiped) at all.  Three straps per side until the suspension is compressed and that bike will still be attached to the floor even if the trailer tips over on its side.
If I had just had this happen to me, this would be the last thing I would want to hear.
sad.gif
 I'm sure he has already run through his mind a hundred times what he could have done to prevent this from happening.
Funny, when my bike tipped over due to the POS kickstand I was actually grateful for the leads I got to the kickstand modification along with all the other tips offered.  I also recall a number of other people commenting on what they learned from those posts before it was too late for them.
Hopefully others will read this thread and it will save someone else the heartache of a tipped over bike.

Ridercoach,

That end weight comes off easily.  Sand it smooth and hit it with gloss black and it'll look like brand new.

Believe it or not you can make the mirror look like new too.  Smooth the scratch with some wet 600 grit sand paper and then give it a spray from a distance with satin black paint.
I put a new mirror on mine and decided to experiment with the old one which looked horrible as it hit gravel.  When I was done I put them side by side and could not tell the difference.
I wasn't saying that you shouldn't have said it, I was just saying that if it had happened to me that would be the last thing I would have wanted to hear.
smile.gif
It's kind of like rubbing salt in the would but you are right, it may help someone else.

Sorry to hear about your damage to your new Busa Coach, that roayally bites. Coach I got a fairing set for a 2000 color scheme. I'll try and post some pics. On a scale of 1-10, I would say about 8-8.5. Let me know if your interested.

Man I feel really bad for you. I heard a story of a guy towing his bike to a supercross race in Michigan and had to slam on the brakes, the bike jumped off the trailer and the guy said he seen his motorcycle slide past his truck and hit the median on the hwy. Talk about a bad weekend. Your damage doesn't seem too bad but any mishap with a new ride like that is painful. Hopefully you can find a generous person to give you a great deal on a new fairing.

That really sucks! I've had that happen to me before. Sent you a PM.

sad.gif
Damn Coach... Sorry to hear it. But as mentioned above, keep your eye's open on Ebay, and of Course take up (Howlin) on his offer...
smile.gif

Glad it wasn't anything worse though...

Rev.

Ridercoach,

Hey man, No offense taken. I did use the wratchet tie down, but I guess the slid out from underneath itself and fell to the side. Im sure there was a better way to tie it down, lesson learned.
wink.gif
I appreciate the input on the quick fixes for the end weight and mirror. Ill post pics when I get it done.

Thanks again for the advice.

Dave (Coach)

I feel your pain bro. My friend dropped my 05 with 1 mile on it on the way to storage. I replaced the stator cover which was all scratched and I still need to replace left mirror and foot peg. The left fairing has a few paint chips on the bottom I will try to repair.

I'm still not over it and it happened a month ago

Scott

Dayum that sucks
wow.gif
Sorry for your misfortune Ridercoach. Hope everything works out for you.

Come think about it, I just may now have a reason for a custom paint scheme...

Come think about it, I just may now have a reason for a custom paint scheme...
biggrin.gif

Errrr...I'm confused. Show room condition motorcycle with 2500 miles?
rock.gif

Being pick up in
hot.gif
<span style='color:crimson'>South Florida</span>
hot.gif
?
rock.gif

Only 250 miles to home?
rock.gif

What on earth was it doing in a trailer?
rock.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1178"|1103565276 -->

hot.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Man that sucks! After seeing numerous bikes fall over in trailers, I have been very nervous about towing them in my new trailer. However, I just ordered a new product that I believe will solve the problem. I will start a new thread to tell you all about it.

Errrr...I'm confused. Show room condition motorcycle with 2500 miles?
rock.gif

Being pick up in
hot.gif
<span style='color:crimson'>South Florida</span>
hot.gif
?
rock.gif

Only 250 miles to home?
rock.gif

What on earth was it doing in a trailer?
rock.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
HOT?
rock.gif
It was damn cold and raining down there. Well cold for us Florida folk is 65. Trust me, I would have ridden it up but I had to teach a class and I brought all my stuff for a 4 day stay. So I figured, just head down, trailer it on up and everything will be ok...

Next time I will ride
biggrin.gif

anyone looking for a inclosed trailer? LOL

hot.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Allright, I was not tailgating. But I obviously wasnt far enough away to come to a nice smooth stop. When I say this women slammed on her breaks, I mean she slammed on her brakes. Dead stop from 65 or 70. She had to be a good 4 seconds ahead of me. I guess the inclosed trailer weighed a little more than I anticipated. Lesson learned. Next time I will reconsider the way I use my tie downs.

Here are some pics of the bike and damage.
I want that plate...

I have had my scratches for 3 years. Been waiting to do my paint scheme too. Same thing, scratches without a good reason for them to be there.

I feel your anguish ...

havin a bad day today...
Roy

When are people going to realize that just because you've missed a turn it doesn't mean you can't go another mile down the road and take onother one to double back. How much time does it save you if you lose control and trash your ride, or enrage some driver by cutting them off so they force you off the road anyway?

That's the kind of driver that should have to pass a (safety) test on a motorcycle before they get a car. Maybe then there's a chance they would realize they aren't the only vehicle on the road, and start thinking about how their driving affects others/stopping distances/braking technique etc.

Back