Super Pissed

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

I just picked up my new used 2000 Blue/Silver Hayabusa on Thursday night down in Ft. Lauderdale. I stayed down there until Today (Sunday). The bike is in show room condition. I had a euro tail and genmar risers put on it. I am In love with my new bike. She can never take the place of my old 2001 but she is working on it. I bought this bike with only 2500 miles on it. Never been riden in the rain and has been living room kept by an owner that is afraid of it. So I picked it up for a good deal.

I threw her in the enclosed trailer for the ride back up to deltona (250 miles). All is good until I hit a friendly road called 415. 415 is a two lane road with a speed limit of 55 out in the sticks. Everyone does 65+. I am following a toyota pervia with some distance. Out of now where she slams on the brakes to catch a turn that she missed. So needless to say me and my trialier came to a screeching halt. After I cooled off I went back to check my cargo. Sure enough she was laying on her side. Scratched up my whole right fairing. Talk about pissed. Im lucky all I got was deep scratches, but the fact is that I bought this bike because of its show room condition. So needless to say, Im fu**ing pissed.

Anyone out there know how much a typical right fairing costs for a hayabusa? Or is there anyone out there that knows where I can get a 2000 Blue/silver Hayabusa fairing for a reasonable price. I put a call into a few friends down in south florida, but I found that all things from south florida are more expensive.

Ill post some pics soon.

Thanks for listening.

GRRR....that fuggin sucks, Rider...

Talk about an a**hole driver. So sorry to hear about that.

You could take a look at ronayers.com. I think their stuff is pretty good. There's alos a lady that people are talkin about..kathey I think is her name, but I don't know where to find her. Hopefully the other board members chime in here.

Dang coach, that sucks!
sad.gif

Yep...That pretty much hits the top of the suck list...That's some shat luck...Hope you find a good fairing...
evil.gif

Ebay has everything. Were you tailgating? I know wheni towed my bike i drove like a little beotch casue i didnt want to take any chances. Good luck with the bike man

Sorry to hear that...that REALLY sucks
sad.gif

It's best to use a lot of ratcheting tie down straps. Don't use the kickstand (or center stand if equiped) at all. Three straps per side until the suspension is compressed and that bike will still be attached to the floor even if the trailer tips over on its side.

If the bike is in mint condition do yourself a favor and just order a new right side from ronayers.com. You never know what you'll get buying used as there is usually a reason they are up for sale.
If you get something blemished or repainted you'll be reminded of it everytime you look at the bike.

Ronayers.com will run you about $480 delivered right to your front door and it's brand new genuine oem plastics. Paint match will be 100% perfect and all the decals and rear insulation is applied is applied from the factory. Delivery time isn't bad. Suzuki first ships to them and then they ship it out to you. Takes about 10 to 12 days to get your order.

If the nose was damaged too, add aprox. $320 to that price. Anything else damaged like the right can and mirror can be picked up off of ebay for practically the cost of shipping...many people have the stock cans swapped out when the bike is brand new so there is no shortage of them.

That sucks but thank god it did not flip off the trailer. Plastic will be a lot easier to fix. Still very sorry for your pain.

It's best to use a lot of ratcheting tie down straps.  Don't use the kickstand (or center stand if equiped) at all.  Three straps per side until the suspension is compressed and that bike will still be attached to the floor even if the trailer tips over on its side.
If I had just had this happen to me, this would be the last thing I would want to hear.
sad.gif
 I'm sure he has already run through his mind a hundred times what he could have done to prevent this from happening.

Whenever something like this happens to me, I chalk it up as one more lesson learned. You hate to learn the hard way but sometimes it happens.

I'm sorry to hear about it but PTL it's just a faring and not the whole bike, or the bike and car, you get the idea.

Kev

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: "spell like an idiot"|1103515840 -->

Allright, I was not tailgating. But I obviously wasnt far enough away to come to a nice smooth stop. When I say this women slammed on her breaks, I mean she slammed on her brakes. Dead stop from 65 or 70. She had to be a good 4 seconds ahead of me. I guess the inclosed trailer weighed a little more than I anticipated. Lesson learned. Next time I will reconsider the way I use my tie downs.

Here are some pics of the bike and damage.

DSC01618__Small_.JPG

The small scratches, that I can live with on the brake, mirrior, and end weight.

DSC01622__Small_.JPG

Im still pissed. I guess at her and myself for not being more careful. Next time Im following a week behind.

Coach when you get a chance get over to Orlando and see me at Cycle Gear. Bring your MSF instructor card. It will be worth your while.

thats a reaper riser set up .1/3 rd the price of gen mars hope they charged ya for reapers!!theres a women on suzuki hayabusa org with oem pieces for i think 450 bucks a side

Coach when you get a chance get over to Orlando and see me at Cycle Gear.  Bring your MSF instructor card.  It will be worth your while.
Howlin,

Will do. Where in orlando are you? I work in longwood. Not to far from orlando. If your working tommorow, ill stop by. Ill PM you.

Thank you.

Dave (Coach)

Back