Super Bike Schools

CaptainInsano

Registered
So a friend of mine told me about super bike schools at tracks. So I did a little digging and the closest track that offers this is Willow Springs. They have 5 1 day classes and a camp type thing.
My quesitons:
Has anyone here attended these classes?
What do you think of the school and classes?
Was the information use full, and relavent?
Did you rent their equipment or take your own?

I was thinking about working my way though the one day classes though out the year. Hoping to be a better rider.

All Opinions welcome

Track days and or schools will teach you more about your motorcycle in a day than you can learn in a year on the streets (and not get a ticket). HECK YES. Even just a regular trackday with a decent organization can introduce you to it at a cheaper cost than a full-on school.

If you want to ride your own bike - nothing wrong with that, as that's the bike you are gonna ride regularly. I rode my first two years of trackdays on my Busa...and after that had a better idea of what I wanted to ride going forward. Go read the team gixxer smacktalk thread and you can see our progression...

I would suggest taking a class for your introduction to track days. Having an advanced rider guide you through the day makes the experience much more enjoyable. However, I must forewarn you, "Track Days are more addictive than cocaine"!

California has a number of great tracks. I will be at "Thunder Hill" on September 19 & 20.

So a friend of mine told me about super bike schools at tracks. So I did a little digging and the closest track that offers this is Willow Springs. They have 5 1 day classes and a camp type thing.
My quesitons:
Has anyone here attended these classes?
What do you think of the school and classes?
Was the information use full, and relavent?
Did you rent their equipment or take your own?

I was thinking about working my way though the one day classes though out the year. Hoping to be a better rider.

All Opinions welcome

Like above track days are an amazing way to learn more about what you want out of riding. If you are referring to California Superbike School, it's a great school. I have been attending every year since 2013. Started at Streets of Willow and Continued with Barber Motorsports as my favorite track thus far and it's close by. Level I, II, III, IV are their levels and with each level you increase your speed, your confidence, your knowledge, and you all around complete happiness if you ask me. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CSS and Keith and his staff are amazing.

I have used their bikes and my own. I prefer my own because it's set up for me. Which you will also learn during track days.

The information is for the most part what YOU take out of it. Some things can't be explained and some can and some you comprehend at the time and some hits you at the most interesting times.

There are some great track folks on this forum to learn so much from and get to ride with. Definitely take track days at your local track or go to any school. I have been through CSS Level I, II, III, and IV. I have been to track days with some of the folks here (who in my opinion should be racing lol), I have ridden with Nate Kern the BMW ambassador.

Streets of Willow was amazing especially the back bowl. You will have a great time there if you choose that one to start at. Word of caution, once you have been through track days you will be addicted. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AT ALL...

Go with a clear head and open mind and just have the most fun you can with a motorcycle. LISTEN to these folks here they will not ever steer you wrong. EVER in the history of EVER.

Like above track days are an amazing way to learn more about what you want out of riding. If you are referring to California Superbike School, it's a great school. I have been attending every year since 2013. Started at Streets of Willow and Continued with Barber Motorsports as my favorite track thus far and it's close by. Level I, II, III, IV are their levels and with each level you increase your speed, your confidence, your knowledge, and you all around complete happiness if you ask me. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CSS and Keith and his staff are amazing.

I have used their bikes and my own. I prefer my own because it's set up for me. Which you will also learn during track days.

The information is for the most part what YOU take out of it. Some things can't be explained and some can and some you comprehend at the time and some hits you at the most interesting times.

There are some great track folks on this forum to learn so much from and get to ride with. Definitely take track days at your local track or go to any school. I have been through CSS Level I, II, III, and IV. I have been to track days with some of the folks here (who in my opinion should be racing lol), I have ridden with Nate Kern the BMW ambassador.

Streets of Willow was amazing especially the back bowl. You will have a great time there if you choose that one to start at. Word of caution, once you have been through track days you will be addicted. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AT ALL...

Go with a clear head and open mind and just have the most fun you can with a motorcycle. LISTEN to these folks here they will not ever steer you wrong. EVER in the history of EVER.
Thank you for the input... I'm defiantly going to do this... once I have gone through the classes I would love to meet up with some of you, and go on some rides.

Where are you at in Tehachapi?
Myself and 1 other org member are located in Bear Valley.

I looked into them a while back and was going to go with Code's school until I learned he has it set up so that a rider cannot take class 3 and 4 for example without taking 1 & 2. Although I might agree that I'd learn something in those classes I felt that since I had somewhere around 300,000 miles in the saddle that I should be able to bypass them. Keith disagreed. He makes a lot of money under those conditions. His classes are not cheap.

Back