Suomy Spec 1R Araldic Helmet

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
Saw this helmet online and liked it cause it will match my orange/black '08. Not very familiar with this brand though. Good helmet??

Suomy_helmet.gif

They are good helmets,just get 1 size larger than you wear in a Arai or Shoei.

I have had all three brands (Shoei, Arai and Suomy) they do not cross over very well as the Shoei and Arai are more for "oval" heads and the Suomy is for a more rounded skull.... (the Suomy fits too tight around the forehead and back for my head type)

In my case, I fit the Arai/Shoei and the Suomy has to be sized larger as it does not really fit my head correctly..

It is unlikely that all three brands are good for any one person IMO... if you have not tried them on, I would find a couple to see how they fit before spending a dime...

And if you spend the money for one, don't leave it hanging on your bike. Peeps will cut the straps to get those.

Cool... thanks for the heads up. My wife thinks that this looks like a girl's helmet - I don't see it though. Is she crazy or what??

I use a Suomy for track days, sucker is light, vents well for Vegas hot AZZ Summers, is stable at high speeds. It is my favorite helmet. If it fits your head you will like it.

Back