Sunny California Ride

Avenger

Registered
Last weekend we decided to go someplace we haven't been before. So, after a very enjoyable blast up the 74 highway, past Idylwild, through Gardner Valley, some twisties down into Palm Desert, out the 111 highway through Indio, we headed for the east side of the Salton Sea. Our friends were camping on the North shore, so we stopped by for a cold beer. :drink: I apologize for not having any riding pics, as we forgot our cameras, :banghead: but at least our firends took a few shots of us while we were there. Found the perfect place to uncork the Buse, as there was virtually no traffic, and lots of straight road. I eased it up to 135, but then thought about the drive chain I needed to replace, so I backed off. Anyway, it was a 394 mile ride that was very enjoyable, although we made a serious dent in the insect population (Spring, you know). Hope you folks back east get to hit the road soon!

Salton Sea 013.jpg

Salton Sea 015.jpg

Salton Sea 018.jpg

wow you picked some wicked places for summer riding :) Ya know Indio is a happening place... :rofl: Next is Cabazon for the dinosaurs? :laugh: (actually the bread pudding there is awesome)

Awesome, yo! We're headed to Idyllwild this weekend from SD!

:beerchug:

wow you picked some wicked places for summer riding :) Ya know Indio is a happening place... :rofl: Next is Cabazon for the dinosaurs? :laugh: (actually the bread pudding there is awesome)

Actually we just wanted to put some miles on my buddy's new Concours. We originally intended to go on up to Julian for some apple pie, but we ran outta time. Had to pick up the wife at Ontario airport.:goodidea:

Back